It's a blizzard!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Mar 1, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

It's a blizzard!

Well we got sent home from work today at 1pm due to blizzard like conditions. Craziness out there! I hope the other midwest people all make it home safe tonight, especially SBW and Sach! Care out there ladies...it's nuts. Anyway; here are a couple of pictures from my apartment windows. You can barely see across the street. Normally we can see a Arby's sign that is a half a block away (in the second picture where you can see part of our building), no view of it now!

Attached Files:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

snow in the pac nw too... only yesterday it snowed like crazy... causing horrendous driving conditions and the closing of school in most of the affected districts and major cancelations on my bus route today, only to have the majority of it melted off by the afternoon.

go figure.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......everywhere you go......

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Two and a half months late ... :rolleyes:

Yep, made it home safely. I'm staying home tomorrow and playing Seasons! There's no school, and it's supposed to keep right on snowing. My backyard is beautiful right now, though ...

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

All I've got is rain ahmmering the roof, and threats of minor flooding tomorrow. Not quite where I live, so I'll be a work as usual. :(

6. jupitershana

Wheee! I just got a phone call that they canceled work tomorrow as well! Nice long weekend for me. 1pm Thursday through 1pm on Monday since Monday's are my late night.

And I got more work done tonight with less effort as I took some files home to make scheduled appointment calls with donors. 3 health history questionaires completed when that's how many I normally get done per day as most people are at work. Two more phone calls to make tomorrow morning and I'm done for the weekend. I love my job!

7. jupitershana

For comparisons sake...and so you can see how much snow we ended up getting; here is an aftershot that I just took 10 minutes ago.

Attached Files:

8. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I had a sleep-over last night with my pal J.T. and we woke up the next morning and started playing basketball when it started snowing. Were like, what the heck? Was this scheduled?

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I ended up having to work late on Thursday - during the worst of the blizzard! Thankfully, the busses were still running pretty close to on time, so I got home OK. I also decided to take a vacation day on Friday, so it was a LONG weekend for me as well!

Couldn't play Sims, though, as explained in other threads, but I DID finally excavate my desk, which has been buried since my move in August. YAY! I was actually able to hook up my gorgeous 20" Apple Cinema Display to my Powerbook, so now when I do get The Sims up and running again, I can see it in all its Cinema Display glory, instead of the 12 inch screen I've been playing...

As far as the blizzard goes, I am SO glad I moved tlast year...NO MORE SHOVELLING FOR ME!!! It was lovely watching other people do the shovelling from the warmth of my cozy room!