It's Official!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Sep 7, 2006.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

It's Official!!!

This morning, when I was BARELY awake...Brandon got down on one knee and made it offical! I no longer have to say, "well, he's sort of my boyfriend, sort of my fiancee." He IS my fiancee now! Not to exciting of a proposal, I was barely awake! But it's exciting all at the same time. He called his mother this morning, freaked her out a bit. He said, "Mom, I did something stupid. I don't have a girlfriend anymore." Of course she freaked and was all worried. Then he told her he had a fiancee instead. She's super excited. I can't get a hold of my mother yet, but I can't wait to tell her. Anyway, I'm off to spend a little more time with him before I go to work. Here is a picture of the ring!

[​IMG]

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Congratulations, Shana! :D :champagne:

ps: Beautiful ring!

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yiiiipppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I'm sooooooo happy for you, honey!

Way to go, Brandon. Glad he was smart enough to know a good thing when he sees it.

Yeah!!!!

:hyper::hyper::D

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Haha, the way he told his mom...:rolleyes:

Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Awh, congrats Shana!!! Brandon sounds very sweet. Amazing hand - it was beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye. ;)

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

CONGRATULATIONS! How very, very exciting!! And what a lovely ring!!!

Now, I suppose, you will no longer have time for your old Simming Friends! On the other hand, since you told us about the engagement BEFORE you told your own mother, maybe we don't have to worry so much after all...:rolleyes:

7. surprised_by_witches

I think a toast is in order. Let's get the Minnesota contingent together soon. :D

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That woul be fun! Weekends in September will be a bit tricky for me, but perhaps after work on an evening would work out. Maybe we could meet at my new place, and then wander up to one of the many Uptown venues!

9. jupitershana

That would be a lot of fun! I'm up for it!

Silly girl! Of course I'll have time for all of you! I'll probably be on here bouncing off ideas for the wedding all the time in the "what's new" thread. And of course I'll have time to hang out with you and SBW!

And about my mother...I attempted to call her first thing! But she wasn't home! :cry: I did get a hold of her finally though! Our conversation went as such:

Hi mom, how ya doing?

Not bad, yourself?

Oh I'm good, so what are you doing this weekend?

We're probably heading up to the cabin, do you think you'll make it up there this weekend?

Well Brandon has to work overtime Friday, so I'm not sure yet, but I was kind of wondering if you wanted to do something else with me.

Oh? What's that?

Well I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go...I don't know...shopping for wedding dresses?

What...? WHY?!?!?

Brandon proposed this morning!!!

I'm so excited for you! ***insert crying happiness noises from my mother here***

10. surprised_by_witches

That's really sweet!

Let's talk about when we can get together! After work might work for me if I can find a sitter ...

What's new with me is I'm having a GREAT hair day and there's no one to see it. Sigh.

11. jupitershana

I'm never too busy after work. So anyday should work.

Lynet...wanna come to Minnesota???

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

WOOOOTT! Congratulations Shana :D

:party:

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Aaargh! It's not in the cards for me this year. :cry: I'm headed back to California :))) the last week of September because we already had those airplane tickets, car rented, etc., and Ed had arranged for the time off.

But I know you will all have fun :D . And keep us up to date about the wedding plans.

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

What? :eek: You're choosing a GRANDDAUGHTER over some Minnesota Hospitality? What's WRONG with you?!?!? :confused: Kidding, of course! How could you resist that adorable little face?

15. ManagerJosh

Which part of California :p

16. jupitershana

ROTFL: So I just got an email from my mother...she's apparently a LITTLE excited! All of my neighbors know we're engaged because she hung a HUGE ACCORDIAN STYLE WEDDING BELL in our front yard!!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing!!!

edit: Icing on the cake to make it even more funny: I just spoke with my dad since my mom had just gone for a walk; apparently the first person who happened to see it was my ex-boyfriend who still lives across the street with his parents!!!! :rotfl: Oh...my sides hurt!

17. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

LOL, Shana, good for you! I bet he's feeling spiteful now.

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

San Ramon. East of Oakland. (Sounds like the name of a book. :rolleyes: ) Very pretty when I was there a week ago. Lots of flowers and sunshine.

LOL, Shana, I love hearing about things like that. Give your mother a hug.

19. ManagerJosh

Darn..was hoping SoCal :)

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Aww. I've never been down there. I'd like to see some of that area some day. Frankly, there are many places in this country I'd really like to see. The Grand Canyon, for instance. I'd also like to ride a riverboat on the Mississippi. I'd like to see Death Valley and the Rocky Mountains up close. Seeing them through a smeared airplane window just isn't good enough. *sigh* I'm awash in a see of wants.

I did get to ride a hydrofoil on the St. Lawrence from Montreal to Quebec City. It was on that boat, halfway between, that my husband proposed to me. I thought he was joking and laughed out loud. :eek: He didn't mind because he was afraid I'd burst into tears instead like I did the first time he gave me a Christmas present. I'm horribly emotional.