How Do I Jogging

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Jogging

Every once in awhil I see someone in their excercise clothes jogging along. Is there any way for you to do this?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

No. Your player sims may jog by someone's house but not while you're controlling them.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL this re-opens, for me, an an old sore. The irritation that sims could could not go visit their neighbors but had to wait until one showed up (whilst they themselves were home! ... some of my teen sims would have become adults before ever meeting the sim-teen next door I wanted them to have a relationship with if I had simply waited for the game to let them meet!)

I accept that having a sim visit a neighbor either as the only controllable sim, or as a controllable sim, has any number of problems attached. But with the improvements that came with NL I have a idea that would be cool.

When you click on a neighboring house in NL you get the option to save the current house and play the other. How about simply adding the option for the currently selected sim to "Be A Visitor" at the chosen neighbour's home ... the game saves the current lot and loads the selected plot and ... Hey Presto!: within minutes your sim from the previous family arrives and rings the doorbell (unless it is between the hours of say 10pm-7am) in which case nothing will happen until the sun comes up (of course the visiting sim would not be controllable but at least he would meet his neighbors!) ... Easy-peasy! Pity no-one at Maxis thought enough of it to add it to the game :rolleyes:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

When you think about it, it is so Suburbia. A sim can't leave his house without either taking a taxi or driving a car. He has to call for 'transportation' and there's no option for 'walk.' :p

Oh, I forgot, there's the moving van, too.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Moving van? Have I missed something? :eek:

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

No, I should've put moving van in quotes or something. I meant that the only other way they can leave the lot is to be physically moved out through the neighborhood screen, lock, stock and barrel. They can be moved Downtown, for instance. I always pictured a moving van when I did that. :eek:

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Mine just move with the taxi. I wish they had an actual U-haul-type moving van that drops them off. :)

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

A U-Haul! That would be cool. Maybe someone can modify the pickup truck. Wouldn't that be an idea for the OFB -- a moving company. A parking lot full of U-Hauls with a seedy little concrete block building half covered in peeling paint, staffed by a paunchy, unshaven, cigar-smoking guy with a glass eye (not kidding, I've rented a truck from a guy like that.) ;) :p Will the OFB EP have greasy countertops and stacks of unfiled papers? If not then I'll have to put it some requests.