KatAnubis has a new house!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by KatAnubis, Jan 29, 2007.

1. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

KatAnubis has a new house!

I finally finished my Painted Lady project. I got it all uploaded complete with pictures (although it took me until 3:30am to finally get everything done. Boy, howdie, was my head swimming when I finished!)

You can find it here:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=491808

At least this time the furniture uploaded. However, I've noticed a glitch which seems to cause the bedding and curtains to be non-packaged, even when you don't upload the thing!

I had a wonderful time making this house. I hope youall enjoy it too!

2. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Wow, Kat, that house is great! I can see how that could have taken you a long time to put together, ALL those custom walls and floors, quite amazing! Great job!

I LOVE the backyard garden area, it looks stunning! =)

3. KatAnubis

Thankyou! :embarrassed:

The backyard actually took me a lot less time than the house itself. It only took me a couple of hours, but doing the building took me several days, mostly because I wanted the solarium facing the side rather than front or back. I actually ended up building it from scratch twice. The first time with lots of "fits and starts" of experimentation as to what would would best. Then one time straight through in the most "efficient" way so that the Sim wouldn't end up paying for the "experimentation."

Then there were the decorative items! I thougth I'd never get those done. I'd found with my first house that Pets doesn't package *any* recolors of Maxis items so I had to switch off between my computer (with its graphics programs) and my husband's (with all but Pets installed.) So, I'd make the walls/floors (since those will work even if Pets is installed) and the pngs for SimPE (so that they'd be done out of Pets), after having built the thing in "non-Pets." My husband's computer is not set up for a smaller person (as he's a *very* big man), so it was a bit uncomfortable. (My sweetie took pity on me long ago and fixed the computer desk so it's at just the right height for me with my chair at its lowest. And then he built a foot stool so that my legs were not hanging from the chair. So, my area is very ergonomic. His isn't for me. Can you say shoulder pain?) It was a very annoying way to do things. (But until I've got an income, I can't build a computer to have side by side with this one for doing projects in that way.)

I'm hoping that the packager with Seasons will not have that problem. Even doing it that hard way, the curtains and bedding didn't package, even though everything else did (and then some, as it put things in the package which weren't used in the house to the point where the file was over 21mb!) I can build it on my "Pets" computer for now, though, since I know I won't finish it in the next month. Besides the next one is a farm! (I have to do some other things before I can even start: finish putting the spring flowers into the real life garden, clean up my computer desk which looks like a hurricane hit it, do a sewing project which is needed for the first week in March, etc. Real life strikes again!)

By the way, it's nice to see your friendly writings too!

4. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Oh, sweetie, that sounds like a terrible way of doing things!

Have you seen Numenor's amazing program that lets you start up the base game (or up to any expansion pack)? That way you can go back and forth from your normal game, to a completely 'vanilla' game to test your objects/lots/etc. It's really great, let me find the link for you if you want to check it out.

Okay, here it is:

I've been using it for the last couple weeks, and it's been really great! It sure would save you the trouble of all that moving around, you can do all your work on the same computer!

5. KatAnubis

Thanks for the link! That would indeed make it that much easier.

I've already started on my next house, but I can't finish it until Seasons comes out. (It's a farm.:)