Troubleshooting Keeps crashing with old cheat

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by StellaDame, Apr 23, 2005.

1. StellaDame

StellaDame New Member

Keeps crashing with old cheat

I need help!! I love playing the new university pack but I used an old hack from sims 2 (twinsr2cute) and now my sim is giving birth but when the screen pops up for the twins to be born my game crashes. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? :confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Erm ... the simple answer is to delete that hack from your downloads folder and then go see if whoever made it has upgraded it to work with University.

3. StellaDame

StellaDame New Member

How would I delete it? I am computer retard also so I need specific directions. Thanks!!

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh crikey! Well first off "twinsr2cute" was a cheat code that turned out to be a hoax ... meaning that it never actually worked anyway.

On the other hand there are various downloadable hacks that cause twins to be born. The only suggestion I can make is to:-
    • Start >> Click My Documents
    • Double click EA Games
    • Double Click The Sims 2
    • Resize the window so that you can see a blank part of your desktop screen.
    • Click and hold the folder Downloads and drag it to the desktop and let it go. You have now removed all the downloads from your game. You can put them back by reversing the above process ;)
    Now try playing the game. If it works properly with normal births etc. your next job is to open up that downloads folder and see if you can find the file that is the annoying twins hack before you put the folder back into the game. OK?

5. StellaDame

StellaDame New Member

I pulled the Downloads file out and it still crashed. Any more ideas?

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Ive been having the same problem kind of... started with the game freezing any time I try to use maxis changing table... then if I tried to buy it... freeze frame... So I backed up the game uninstalled everything and now I cant even install the game without it freezing the computor and not even reading the dvd. I'm guessing that I'm going to have to go buy another copy of the game (CD this time) and start all over again. so in the meantime sim withdrawal..... sigh.