Kotaku - a look at SimCity for iPhone

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Judhudson, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Kotaku - a look at SimCity for iPhone

Kotaku brings us their first look at SimCity for iPhone. I keep telling myself that one day I will purchase an iPhone…when they are down in price. I heard earlier on the radio of rumours floating around that Walmart plans to sell the old 4 gig models for $99. I’m not sure if this is entirely true, but if it is I might have to keep an eye out for that deal!

[​IMG]The controls act the same way they do for Google maps. Sliding your fingers together, inward, zooms out, while sliding them apart zooms in. Touching and dragging moves your view around the map, while continuous taps cycles through the zoom levels. Placing singular objects is simple, but placing large zones or roads can be tricky to maneuver. Once you’ve selected the zone you want, you touch and drag to the appropriate length and width. However, there are times when you may find zones overlapping or roads not lining up properly. EA allows for easy corrections as you can reposition or delete unwanted blocks by the touch of a finger. I found this to be a little wonky at times the more dense an area becomes due to the increased chances of deleting the wrong block or building.

If I had an iPhone, I would jump on this day 1! However, I don’t know if I can get used to touching that small of a screen with my fingers. I prefer the stylus approach similar to the Nintendo DS. Only problem is that I keep loosing them!