Troubleshooting Launch problems?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by xxLesaxx, Oct 16, 2009.

1. xxLesaxx

xxLesaxx New Member

Launch problems?

got the sims3 at release and it run perfect then it started turning itself off after about 3 weeks of playing (not solid playing either everyother day maybe) it got worse and today when i clickd on it it just wont launch.
    i did run system requirements and my computer is well above the requirements. (but i jst read somewhere that that programme isnt the best but ill attach the dx thing)
    View attachment 7289

i uninstalled and it didnt work the launcher would appear but the play button wont work. i did it again and now the launcher wont even come up? i have went in and clickd on the .exe but just a black screen appears and flicks off.
    please help!

I was reading other threads on here and someone has the same video card as me and i seen someone told them to run http://dee.cz/lightsmark/ and if it doesnt work then it good sign it the video card i just installed it ther and it plays with no problems?

Attached Files:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Have you done a disc defrag and/or system cleanup lately? If the game had been running fine but started having problems a little at a time, you may have a badly fragmented drive. Uninstalling and reinstalling would just make a problem like that worse.

3. xxLesaxx

xxLesaxx New Member

dun all that before i removed it and installed it again the disk defrag said it didnt need done and i did loads of other checks and cleanups bt still isnt working.