Let's get The Sims2 Multiplayer

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ireallylovesims2, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ireallylovesims2

ireallylovesims2 New Member

Let's get The Sims2 Multiplayer

This is simple,

I'm pretty sure we all want to be able to play the sims 2 online, multiplayer. We want to be able to have relationships in real time, with other people. We want to interact with people all over the world and build a virtual community.

Help the cause, go to http://www.vicrou.net/sims2-multiplayer-petition/ and put your name down. It seriously takes just a few seconds. Please help now! If we get over 1,000 signatures I will send a present to everyone that has signed up. Once again its: http://www.vicrou.net/sims2-multiplayer-petition/

Thanks for your time!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Realistically, unless Maxis makes The Sims 2 Online available for it's members to play for free, no one's really going to play.

At least that's how I perceive it.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hear hear! Down with internet charging ;)

4. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

How would that work?
    I never bought the sims 1 online so how COULD that work?

5. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

OK basicly this is how it works.

Now if anyone has heard of the series "Grand Theft Auto" you'll all know that its very violent, BUT! it would be amazing online.
    Now a group called GTA MULTIPLATER or MULTI THEFT AUTO made a client that has a serverlist, you select yoru game .exe and then it opens up the game letting you run around with other players.

You may think "well yeah thats a diffrent game to the sims 2!" BUT! I think the server client type thing will be the same, select your game .exe type a name for you and connect to a server.

Oh and hello this is my first post :D

~mr.music

6. ManagerJosh

Most MMORPGs today are on a pay per month usage. And frankly I don't think it's good to have a decentralized playing. It's far too...limited.

7. Mr.Sober

Mr.Sober New Member

It must be a scam. lol

8. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

Because TSO was such a complete failure, EA will most likely Never, Ever, EVER try that again. Look at this chart:
    [​IMG]

EA said that it would have 250,000 to 300,000 subscriptions at peak. It made just over 1/3 of that.

9. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

ha ha! thats great slim.
    TSO was up there at first but then... not so much.

10. ManagerJosh

Now if you toss in Maplestory on the chart, it puts it to shame. There's approximately 2 million members in the Mapleglobal arena. And it's still growing :)

11. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

Try World Of Warcraft, 7 Million players and growing.

12. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I play WoW. It's like the Sims in that you can customize a character. It's an RPG in that you level up and receive gear and gold for quests. It's MMO in that you communicate with millions online. It's like the premise of The Sims Online, only better quality and in a fantasy setting. The monthly fee is to ensure the quality. Not quite sure The Sims Online was doing that. I heard there was a thing called Second Life. Is that like, what, a free Sims Online type a thing? I keep seeing SomethingAwful.com making fun of it. I also heard that a community college here was making its campus inside the Second Life game. Funny, eh?

13. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

And it's FREE.

You can buy nexon cash if you want to, for luxury items such as themed clothing but they are not necessary at all to play the game.