Life is crazy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Jul 29, 2008.

?

Shana's baby is going to be a...

1. BOY!

50.0%
  2. GIRL!

50.0%
  1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Life is crazy!

Hey everyone, I've been pretty absent for a while. Life has been going crazy lately.

#1. Work was awful for a while...that was all solved when I was laid off on Monday....wonderful. Luckily I have an interview already tomorrow with another company. Crossing my fingers that goes well.

#2. Had a family emergency happen, that's been going fine now as well; I won't get into details on that one.

#3 and the big one....

After 3 years and 4 months of infertility with NO medical intervention at all, Brandon and I are expecting our first child! I am almost 10 weeks pregnant now. We found out we were pregnant on Father's day and we are due on Brandon's birthday (Feb. 27)!!!

I didn't want to make the announcement earlier because we have had two previous miscarriages but everything is looking just perfect this time so far!

I've been dealing with some morning sickness, kind of bothers me to stare at a computer screen sometimes so I've been avoiding it some.

Anyway, sorry for being so absent lately! Hopefully with the morning sickness finally starting to ease up a bit and without a job for the next few weeks I'll be around a little more. Hope all of you are doing alright!

And heck with it, I'm throwing in a poll...put your guesses in now, boy or girl? We'll be finding out in about 10 more weeks! I've attached two pictures to help; one to show how I'm currently carrying (think I'll be all upfront and maybe even high) and hehe...a picture of the little bean. This was at only 6 weeks. Next week I'll have a much better picture where it will look more like a baby.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Shana I hope everything works out for you and Brandon this time around!
    Best of luck!

3. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I dunno. But... I think I'll go with girl. :)

Congrats Shana!

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I think it's a boy :D....Brandon needs to teach his lil son how to tie a bowtie :D

5. jupitershana

Alright, I've got a new picture, and this one looks like a baby! And if this will influence your guess on if it's a boy/girl, here is what happened during the ultrasound today.

This was the coolest ultrasound we've had to date. When she (tech) first started the baby was sleeping and very still, but we could see the heartbeat pumping away at 162 beats per minute (BPM). She had me go use the bathroom and when I came back the baby was awake and kicking and moving their arms. She did ask us if we were planning on finding out the gender and after we said yes, she said, "Okay, because I keep seeing a little poker...but at this stage both girls and boys look very similar so it could mean anything."

Baby was measuring ahead. I'm 10 weeks 4 days and baby measured 11w3d! But the measurements have been all over the board. 1st U/S said EDD (estimated due date) of 2/25, second one said 2/28, this one said 2/22. So I'm sticking with my first EDD of 2/27 for now.

This is the best picture out of the 4 we got. The little white mark above the baby's profile is the hand. He/She kept their hand up there almost the whole time...I think the baby was waving at us!

Attached Files:

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Aw, that is darling. Congratulations, Shana!!

I chose girl and now the poll is 50-50 like it should be. ;)

7. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Shana, I'm so pleased for you. You're going to make a wonderful mother!! You really deserve this, you and Brandon both. :)

8. jupitershana

Figured I should update!

I had my 16 week appointment (4 months!) on Wednesday. Baby is doing great. I'm actually measuring big; by about 2 weeks! The midwife said if we hadn't already had 4 other ultrasounds she would be sending us for one to double check to make sure it wasn't multiples. This baby better not be hiding a little brother or sister behind it!

She was also able to find the heartbeat briefly. Apparently we have a VERY active baby, and I hadn't ate or drank anything other than water in the past two hours so it wasn't me giving the baby extra sugar. She even laughingly said, "Good luck when this one comes out! You two are going to be busy!" Baby was moving around so much we were only able to catch the heartbeat for about 2 seconds at a time. And baby is definitely hanging out on my right side, which is what I was guessing because my right side is slightly higher. She said the good news is since the baby is so active it's a good indication that the baby is very healthy.

Our big ultrasound is scheduled for Thursday, October 9th. Everyone still guessing what they thought?

Both Brandon and I think it's a boy. And look how much I've grown! I still weigh 4 lbs less than I did pre-pregnancy.

Attached Files:

9. jupitershana

IT'S A GIRL!!!!
    We're both shocked, we thought for sure we were having a boy! Of course we're both over the top excited and we went right to Babies R US after the ultrasound and got two adorable outfits since they were on sale! She is adorable already...not to mention a drama queen! She had the back of her wrist on her forehead for quite a long part of the ultrasound in that dramatic pose; she's already saying, "OH DAD!" At one point she was trying to suck her thumb and we even got to watch her opening and closing her mouth as she was practicing swallowing the amniotic fluid. Enjoy the pictures!

Captions, in order

Drama Queen already! That's the back of her wrist on her forehead saying, "Oh Dad!"

Cute little foot, hard to see the toes, but you can see the heel clearly.

The money shot! Those 3 little lines you see mean girl!

She was trying to suck her thumb here, kept sticking her hand into her mouth. Looks like she still has her Dad's nose! Nice and cute and small!

Attached Files:

10. ManagerJosh

Brandon, looks like you got your wish :D

11. swmeek

Congratulations you two!

12. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Hehe, I voted on the poll after you already announced on FB (and here I guess but I read FB first) does that mean I cheated? Probably huh??

Edit: I meant to say congrats by the way, but my wine infused brain wouldn't let me. Wine and computers really should not mix. Congrats and all the best for the Little Miss :)

13. jupitershana

LOL Allie, yeah, I think that means you cheated since you saw the announcement on Facebook first.

I've been having a blast checking out all the cute pink things for baby. I'll admit I kind of wanted a boy, but pink is my favorite color so I'm just giddy about decorating her nursery and dressing up our little girl. We also decided on a name, which if ANY of you know any of my friends/family in real life don't tell them! (and don't mention it on FB since I have family on there) We want to keep that part a surprise for them. Our little girl's name is Aydia Rae. (pronounced the same as Sarah Mclachlin's song Adia)

14. ManagerJosh

Are you sure you should be mentioning it here? I mean...family could sneak here and read it too :p

15. jupitershana

Nah, they don't play the Sims and wouldn't think I would be posting about baby here.

16. ManagerJosh

First time for everything!! :D

17. jupitershana

Trust me, they won't.

18. ManagerJosh

Hahah :D. Let's cross our fingers :D...I seem to recall a mentioning on facebook you're a moderator for this forum :p :) :D

19. swmeek

LOL sounds like Josh is thinking of bribing somebody! :rotfl:

20. ManagerJosh

Nah. Just encouraging Steve to go blackmail :p