How Do I lightning

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by krazzy kezzy, May 7, 2007.

?

How do you spell it?

1. Lightning

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Lightening

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. I didn't know I had a choice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Both ways cos I'm a Bohemian rebel/fence sitter/doofus

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Believe me, spelling doesn't matter after you've been hit. Yowch! It stings, mama! :eek:

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. I can't spell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

lightning

ive got 2 questions actually
    1. can you get struck by lightning before seasons because one of the sims on my game from the families already on the game has a memory of being struck by lightning and i havent got seasons?

2. is there a way to get the maternity leave after my sims gives birth because it comes up with the message saying your sims will get a further 3 days vacation... and the carpool always comes the next day and she wont go until i call the nanny and she gets here by which time the carpools already gone and she has to drive to work.

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Here's some answers for ya. :winks:

1. No you can't get struck by lightning. But some sims (the ones that maxis made from the start) have that memory anyway. Which is kind of weird.

2. The carpool will turn up but if you don't go to work, your sim will have used one of its days off and their little work-o-meter thingy won't get lower and the boss won't get angry with you.

Hope these are the right answers (I'm a bit sceptic to the first answer), correct me someone if I'm wrong. :classic:

3. vankate

vankate New Member

1) You can't get struck by lightning if you don't have seasons. It's weird that the memory would be there.
    If you do have seasons however, then I think you can get struck by lightning, because I'm pretty sure one of my sim women did. She was out in the backyard during a thunderstorm, tending to the garden, and I think she may have wandered a bit too close to a tree or whatever got struck. I didnt' see it happen, though there was a big lightning bolt, and I don't know how else to explain that black and grey fried hair look and the tattered clothes she staggered back in the house with. :)

2) Maternity leave is given after the sim is pregnant, but before birth, I think, technically, because there is that pop up notice about how the sim needs to stay home and get rest before the big day. After birth she is given an additional three days vacation, and like muffin-tacos said, she doesn't HAVE to take it, but if she just doesn't get in the car, it uses up a paid vacation day.

And of course, someone correct me if I'm wrong too! :)

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The pre-made sims with the memory of being struck by lightning have indeed been struck by lightning. :rolleyes:

Weather was in the game but due to bugs (and EA realized they could make money out of it) it was removed. No doubt these sims were made when lightning was still in the testing version.

5. muffin-tacos

Ah, thanks Vankate for putting in the bit about Seasons! I just took it for granted that Krazzy Kezzy already knew about people being able to get struck my lightning if you had Seasons. :knockout:

6. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Actually, that's not completely true. With OFB, if you make an evil kite, you can get electrocuted by flying it. That would be like being struck by lightening, don't you think?

7. muffin-tacos

Good point, Meg! But since I don't have OFB, the thought never came to mind.:nervous:

8. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

answers~

1) lightning/storm coexist with the season of spring. therefore, you cannot get struck if there's no season for spring to start with!!

-my sim had gotten struck by a lightning (happens randomly, i guess) and her hair was all burned off, her face was all black and it was quite hysterical.

2)hmm.... i have a currently pregnent sim. dunno about this question yet... i'll come back and tell you when i find out. :D

9. vankate

vankate New Member

All I know is, I think if you fly a kite and it electrocutes you, then it is most definitely evil! :D

10. jennProp

jennProp New Member

While we're on the topic of lightning...
    (Sorry, this is a tad off-topic but I didn't want to
    start a whole new thread for it...)
    I forgot to buy my family a telephone, & then the tree out back
    behind our house was set on fire by a lightning bolt. Buy & Build mode
    were unclickable, so I figured I was in trouble...but then they became
    clickable again so I bought a phone & called the Fire Station.
    Well, by the time the fireman got there, the fire had ceased & I was
    fined for "calling when there was no emergency."
    So, my question is...does a fire caused by lightning always stop on
    its own, or was I just lucky?

11. muffin-tacos

I once had half the trees in my garden burn down! :wideeyed: But that fire wasn't started by lightning. I had placed a grill so nicely by a tree and what do you know? The grill burst into fire and it spread to a few trees. But they were quite close to each other.

So really, I can't answer your question for ya. Was your tree standing on its own or by lots of other stuff? If it was on its own, then I don't think there was much risk of the fire spreading.

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I like this thread so much I add a poll to it. Vote away :D

13. Vega

Vega New Member

LOL Mirelly :D very funny poll.

14. muffin-tacos

"Believe me, spelling doesn't matter after you've been hit. Yowch! It stings, mama!"

That is too funny! Had to choose that one, of course. :rolleyes: Yowch mama!

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Polls should always be funny. Political elections would be much better if the ballot papers had a bit of comedy in them. People would go to vote just for the giggle.

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I looked up both words in Dictionary.com (which I love and have bookmarked, mainly because of the Thesaurus) and because of this extensive research I'm sitting fair and square on the fence. :D

In this particular instance, both spellings are relevant, sort of.

17. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Lightning Lightning Lightning. Thats how you spell it.:D

I nearly got struck by Lightning. It hit a power box 50 feet from where I was standing. I felt a shock throughout my body, and it scarred my retina.
    I have a little white spot in my vision that will never go away. And now I'm petrified of Lightning. I always go inside during thunder storms.:eek:

Regards Moon

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

But lightening is a term used to describe a change in the body toward the end of pregnancy. Therefore, since the original question concerned both the thunderstorm static and maternity, I decided to sit on the fence.

p.s. Glad you survived the lightning, Moon.

19. Vega

Vega New Member

wow Odin what a story :eek:

i love storms with lightnings they are amazing :rolleyes:

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Keep 'em coming folks. I was tempted to add loyteninggg to reflect the accent of my neighbours but I seem to be the only Black Country-ite here :( ... and I'm not even a native. I come from Olde London tahn, dun I?