How Do I Limited walls

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JAQ2, Jun 19, 2006.

1. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

Limited walls

I was in the middle of building a nice castle, and I ran out of walls! I could delete some walls then build some more, but there seems to be a limit.

Does anyone know how to change the limit with a cheat, hack, anything?

Thanks
    JAQ2

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Was this on the PC version of Sims2? Or one of the consoles?

I know the consoles have limits...due to the machine itself not being able to handle it being bigger because of it's memory capabilities...They have it labeled as a fire code. I'm not sure if there is any cheat to get around that.

As far as the PC...I've never heard of that happening.

3. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

Yes, its the PC version. I also have all of the expansion packs.

I've built a castle before, and didnt have a problem. That was before i got OFB and NL i think.

4. caduto

caduto New Member

i went into sims and built as many walls as i could.
    below is the picture.
    seems there is definatly a limit. though i have never reached it 'normaly' before.
    my suggestion would be, build a smaller castle... sorry :(

my computer was running very slowly with the last 15 walls or so, and my computer is a 2.2ghz machine with 1024mb ram so it takes a lot to slow it down....
    i have all the expansion packs and this is the maximum amount of walls i was allowd to build.

Attached Files:

5. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

I just did the same thing, I made 37 rows of 58 walls each, plus another 12 in another row.

*pulls out windows calculator* that comes to 2158 walls allowed on a lot, if all size lots have the same limit. I did this on the biggest lot.

I'm curious to know if this limit was added with one of the expansion packs. I know in OFB they added scenery, so you can finally see your neighbors. Maybe they needed to add a limit for that.

Can someone with just sims2 count how many walls they can make in a lot?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Interesting, JAQ2 ... can you double-check your math?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49043 investigates the wall limit issue and several testers came up with 2100 as the number ... maybe that was 36 rows of 58 .... ;)

PS The above thread is over a year old so it predates OFB by a couple of EPs

7. nectere

nectere New Member

I recall this issue being discussed all the way back to the base game, predating Uni even.

8. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

You're right Mirelly, my math was wrong. I painted the end of every fifth row and i misplaced one :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of what i did. It looks interesting from neighborhood view.

Attached Files:

9. caduto

caduto New Member

ooh jaq, i like that house in the background.. very nice :)

10. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

I'd love to take credit for that house caduto, but unfortunately its a Maxis made Pleasantview house :)

11. caduto

caduto New Member

oh right, you can tell how often i play the maxis neighbourhoods :)

12. JAQ2

JAQ2 New Member

Here's one i CAN take credit for. I decided to take a story off the wall so i could finish the castle. I think it turned out pretty nice. What does everyone else think? I havent added all the doors and windows yet.

Attached Files:

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh! Nice work, Jaq! :D

14. caduto

caduto New Member

wow, that is truely amazing....
    hint:dont put in too many windows, it ruins the whole 'castle' effect. if you can, see if you can find those slit windows with no glass, would look really good with that castle... if it was me though, i would put loads of windows and paint the walls pink, i would rather have a fairytail princess castle than an old style one :)

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Really great castle, JAQ2. Looks very real, (as if I know anything about real castles :rolleyes:.) I mean, I can easily picture a big action movie taking place there.

And I love the location, too. Great spot to plant a castle.