Looking To Buy Sim2.. Is It Like Playing GOD?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by blazex, Apr 24, 2006.

1. blazex

blazex New Member

Looking To Buy Sim2.. Is It Like Playing GOD?

i want to buy this game because nothing else is out, i played a game like this before where u control everything and i could create fires,bring in storms,earthquakes and just completly destroy the city,i think this was some kinda free trial of sims or something but um yea... the only type of fun i can think of is making families,building streets,building houses and um watch it interact?

so im asking if its possible to create entire cities

is it possible to make a sim do do criminal acts,rob stores? homes?

can u move your character yourself or do u have to pick him up and move him to a different spot to watch him interact

is it possible to create tornadoes? destroy buildings? create fires?

what is the difference between this and all those sim games i see at the store

simcity.. etc.. etc(i never look at the names i just see like 10 different sim games..)

and can somebody tell me anything else that is fun or why you play this game?

2. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

i want to buy this game because nothing else is out, i played a game like this before where u control everything and i could create fires,bring in storms,earthquakes and just completly destroy the city,i think this was some kinda free trial of sims or something but um yea... the only type of fun i can think of is making families,building streets,building houses and um watch it interact? ​

so im asking if its possible to create entire cities

If you have Sim City 4, you can make a city in which your Sims can live. Otherwise you're just placing Sims into a neighborhood setting.

is it possible to make a sim do do criminal acts,rob stores? homes?

Yes, your Sim can have a Criminal career path, but you do not watch your Sim do these criminal acts.

can u move your character yourself or do u have to pick him up and move him to a different spot to watch him interact

You can direct the Sim to do whatever that you want him/her to do. You can also use the cheat ctr+shift+c and move_objects on in order to move the Sim into a different spot. Just make sure you don't move the Sim in an inappropriate spot or leave the cheat on.

is it possible to create tornadoes? destroy buildings? create fires?

No. You might want to try Sim City 4 or Sim City 3000 Unlimited or something...or have fun setting the Sim's kitchen on fire.

what is the difference between this and all those sim games i see at the store

The Sims 2 allows you to create a Sim character and follow the Sim through his/her life. They can get married and have a family. They can get jobs and reach the top of their careers. They can have woohoo with different Sims...:eek: thesims2.ea.com is the official website and can tell you more about the game.

simcity.. etc.. etc(i never look at the names i just see like 10 different sim games..)

Sim City may be more of your cup of tea if you want to create cities and destroy them. If you have The Sims 2 and Sim City 4, they can work together supposedly, but I haven't tried this yet.
    and can somebody tell me anything else that is fun or why you play this game?

For me, the genetics and generation aspect of the game is what makes me play for hours. Also, alien abductions, vampires, and zombies are quite entertaining. :rolleyes:

3. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

In Sim City 4 you interact more with the city and even the whole region. With that game you can create natural disasters or unnatural disasters. Anything from a tornado to a robot gone mad.

In the Sims 2 it's more on a personal level. You are dealing with individual sims and their lives. You can cause them to prosper or go insane. You can't go to work with them though. You're not exactly godlike though because you have limited control over life and death.

Ruth

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, you're the micro-managing god rather than the full-scale disaster-causing one. :D

I play the game because I've been daydreaming about one like it since I was, oh, seven? It's incredibly addicting for all of the reasons mentioned above, and more.

But it's not a violent game. If you're looking for that kind of action you'll be disappointed. The most the sims can do is get into fist fights, or die from causes like drowning or electrocution. Or fire, as mentioned above.

No murder, earthquakes, or giant monsters. Just a cow plant that eats people.

5. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh gosh, I used to LOVE making cities in Simcity..whatever version and causing all the disasters to occur: hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fires, acid rain, locust infestation...so much fun. I also like unleashing carnivorous animals in Zoo Tycoon on the zoo-visitors. That's fun, too.

6. alexmas

alexmas New Member

The Sims 2 is the most amazing game ever!!!!!!
    I Sim City 4 too....
    aahhh I <3 Maxis!!
    :p

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

please translate

8. Peppermint

Peppermint New Member

I believe it means "I (heart) Maxis."

9. n wright 275

n wright 275 New Member

^^ya, its does