Troubleshooting Lost all original floors and walls

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by schlottjl, Jan 26, 2005.

1. schlottjl

schlottjl New Member

Lost all original floors and walls

I was downloading from a few of the bigger sites and all was well until I went and reloaded some of the packages. Since then I have no original floors, walls, and fences. :eek: :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

Would anyone have an idea on getting it back?
    ie. can I use the original disks? is a setting wrong? What would the files look like (package or other?)?

Any help on this would be great. BBS forum at main site down

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Have you tried removing all the custom content you added?

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If that fails whay not just reinstall the game.

I haven't done a reinstall myself yet. So I don't know if the game's uninstaller preserves your saved families and downloads. To be sure I suggest that you make a copy of:
    My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
    before doing an uninstall and reinstalling the game.

4. schlottjl

schlottjl New Member

Thanks to both

I'm not sure I'm responding correctly to y'all as I am new to the Forum concept. :nervous: I'm learning the ways of the web slowly and have been afraid until lately to utilize all the tools available. People seem to dislike the lumbering newbe (sp?) in many forums, so thanks for helping me!

Also, sorry to take so long to post that I've read your posts but I was busy sunning myself in Paradise (aka) the Bahamas:cool: - I know tough.

I will try your ideas and will hopefully fix my situation. I will let you all know as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks sooo much again!

Jen

Oh- and if I am not posting incorrectly or doing things wrong, please feel free to let me know since I would love to learn the ropes. The only thing I do get is not to use all caps lest I shout;) !

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You're doing just fine, Jen. :D You are very welcome here!

6. schlottjl

schlottjl New Member

Hey, Not sure if I told you all, but reinstalling the game and saving neighborhoods worked. I think after multiple reinstalls of Sim 1, I was a bit gun shy with respect to reinstalling Sims 2. But, it was easy and with the little games they added to pass the time and no errors (Sims 1 would take multiple days and countless error messages).

I was able to keep all my custom content and get the rest back, no problem. Thanks for your help!

Jen