Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Sims 3 - no longer working

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by SuperRoyalty, Jul 19, 2009.

1. SuperRoyalty

SuperRoyalty New Member

MacBook Pro Sims 3 - no longer working

Hello,

I recently installed Sims 3 on a brand new MacBook Pro and was able to play the game with no problems for a few days. I tried to play the game again and it would not launch. It would bounce in the dock and then crash and not load. Any suggestions?

2. SuperRoyalty

SuperRoyalty New Member

Also, in the console, it says "invalid argument". I do have a legit copy of the game.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You might want to post your specs so that the Macsperts can help you out.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Silly Macs and their bouncing icons. :p

Hopefully the almighty John will be summoned and he may be more help as I am not too familiar with Macs.

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Maybe I should have said MaCnerds! :ducks:

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Hey there:

Which Mac Model do you have? Also, does the new patch help?

7. sarahcsm22

sarahcsm22 New Member

same thing is going on here - this only started happening after i downloaded some custom content and placed the package files in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. (I was instructed by several CC websites to create the mods and packages folders.)

I'm new to Macs, but as far as i know, my specs are:
    Macbook Pro
    2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    3mb shared level 2 cache
    2gb of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    160GB 5400-rpm hard drive
    13.3 inch display with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.

i hope you can help. i'm pretty sure i'm addicted to the sims 3.

8. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Your specs seems good.
    But, make sure you did not put your mods in the Documents/Electronic Arts but from the 'show package contents' when you right click the Sims 3 app.

Here's a wiki page specifically for this type of thing. It completely helped me. http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Installing_Package_Files
    It's probably one of your mods that didn't work properly with an existing mod that you had in the game.

If all else failed, I suggest you duplicate your saved games, saved sims, etc. from the Documents/Electronic Arts file into a new file and put it on your desktop for example and reinstall the Sims 3. Then put each mod back one by one and see which one crashed the game.