Mad props, kudos, and acknowledgements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Rowanstaff, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Mad props, kudos, and acknowledgements

I would like to applaud some of the clothing designers I have HEAVILY downloaded recently. These come in no particualr order, certainly NOT best to worst, just as I remember their names.

Devil's Advocate -- for helping my Sims realize their lace and leather fetish :D

Simsimillian -- for solid fashion. Sometimes looking good requires nothing more than simple basics with good coordination.

Amy Sim -- A wide variety of clothes in fashions that run the gambit. Great work and good detail on fabric lighting and highlighting.

Nanshi_nibble -- Helping my female Sims look their best. What Amy does for lighting you do for design. Flowers, broque, lace designs, all pop right off the fabric.

Great work, all of you. I've done skinning for other games and am skilled with Photoshop but your 4 stuff blows me away.

2. DevilsAdvocate

DevilsAdvocate New Member

Thanks very much Rowan! Your kind words are much appreciated! I'm glad you like the outfits! :)

I certainly agree with you about the 3 designers you've mentioned. Simsimillion, Amy Sims and Nanshi_Nibble are all excellent designers. I'd definitely cite the work of these artists as a strong influence in getting me started. Top notch work by all 3.

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

DA roxors

You are very welcome DA. I meant every word.

I would also like to add Alaska Smith to the list for work on genetics and make up. If clothing maketh the man (and woman, to paraphrase Versace) then proper hair and makeup make them perfect. :D

4. alaskasmith

alaskasmith New Member

Awwwwww...

*blushes*

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I've always favored the Mark Twain version: Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If naked people have no influence on society how did we all get here? ;)

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Large black monoliths, of course.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Mirelly, there is no need to be naked to have us all be here. ;) Otherwise Victorian England especially would have had far fewer individuals. And even "getting naked" is often preceeded by increasing the amount of clothes or altering the appearance of clothes.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Kat but I did have my fingers crossed ... :p

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

adding my applause to above mentioned skinners..... I stand in awe of those who do more than recolor. but how do you find the time to do that and play the game?