News Magic Now in the Sims 3 / New Custom Skill

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Magic Now in the Sims 3 / New Custom Skill

At MTS, Kolipoki created a new, non-core-mod custom skill titled “Magic” and you get to use a wand and the whole nine yards. *Eighteen new interractions are available along with the old animations that are appropriate (such as throwing a ball but instead you are casting a spell with the wand). *I’m not a magic lover but this was too good not to post because it means that new skills are actually possible and that we could see more in the future. *I believe this is the first custom skill, but please correct me if I’m wrong. *I’m beyond impressed and words can’t describe how amazing this is, especially for free! *Click here to get it and to see screen shots!

The Wand:
    The wand can be found under Hobbies/Skills. The wand cost $100. As of now, the mesh is not recolor able, but hopefully that will change in the near future. The mesh was created by Flabaliki.

The Skill:
    To obtain a skill in magic one must A) Buy a wand and B) Put the wand in your Inventory and then C) Use the practice magic interaction on any mirror. The skill comes with two statistics and two challenges

Statistics:

• Good Spells Cast
    • Evil Spells Cast
    Challenges:

• Master Wizard
    • Master Wizards are fond of friendship and can help all of their friends in their needs. 50 spells devoted to friends help one along the way to become a Master Wizard. Master Wizards obtain the power of resurrection.
    • Warlock
    • Warlocks choose the way of the dark arts. They specialize in casting dark and evil spells. They have dedicated at least 50 spells to such arts. Warlocks obtain the power of Mind Control.
    The Animation:
    As custom animations are not really possible yet, this is not a new animation. However it is pretty close to looking like the real thing. Sorry for the hand grip being a little off, but it is unavoidable because it is not a new animation.

Interactions:
    Mischief…

• Dirty Object: Level 1
    • Set Fire: Level 2 (can only occur on current household’s lot)
    • Delete Object: Level 3
    Bless With…

• Creativity: Level 4
    • Irresistability: Level 5
    • Fast Learning: Level 6
    • Observance: Level 7
    • Fertitility: Level 8
    • Long Life: Level 9
    Kill by…

• Electricution: Level 10
    • Old Age: Level 10
    • Fire: Level 10
    • Starvation: Level 10
    Master Wizard Interactions

• Resurrect (can either resurrect ghosts that are visible, or click on their urn stones to resurrect. Resurrected Sims will return their previous household, unless it not longer exists in which case a new one will be created and they will move to a random lot. Sometimes, if the original household does not exists they will be stuck there and be homeless. Twallan’s Story Progression mod should help)
    Warlock Interactions
    Mind Control…

• Get Raise
    • Make Friends (and of course you cannot make anyone like yourself)
    • Make Enemies (and of course you cannot make anyone enemies of yourself)
    Is this/Does it require a Core Mod?
    Absolutely Not! I do my best to stay away from them so that everyone is able to download and enjoy it!

Help! I can’t get it into my Inventory or something else doesn’t work!
    This mod has been tested by at least 5 different people with all different versions and expansions with the game. This mod should not conflict with anything so it most likely is a problem in your framework. If you do all of the following and then delete your caches and restart the game and it still doesn’t work then you are aloud to post.

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Related posts:
    1. Magic lovers, guess what will be featured in The Sims 2 Apartment Life?!
    2. A Virtual Lesbian Life – Love and Magic in The Sims 2: Apartment Life
    3. Come on, ride on the Magic School Bus (in Spore)