Makin' Magic PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by kristinefjr, Sep 12, 2004.

1. kristinefjr

kristinefjr New Member

Makin' Magic PROBLEM!

Hi.
    My makin magic game won't run!!!
    I start the game as usual, the *makin magic* blue title screen appears, but when it disappears and its ment to go to the splash screen, nothing happens! i fulfill ALL the minimum requirements, i've tried every solution posted at ea tech support.. Noting works! I have the sims, livin large, houseparty, hoydate, vacation, unleashed, superstar and makin magic. and i made a clean install. Worth to mention is that i never made superstar work either. it crashed back to the detskop after splash screen.
    ANd i really love thesims. I want to play it.
    Any ideas???
    **Kristine

2. Jotu

Jotu New Member

Hey there, you may want to post this in The Sims form, since it has to do with an expansion pack for the original Sims, and not The Sims 2, but to answer your question have you tried uninstalling the sims and using Simseraser to get rid of the lingering registry entries? Also do you possibly have any custom objects installed that would be conflicting with something and causing The Sims to crash?

-Jotu

3. kristinefjr

kristinefjr New Member

hi, thanks, i will move it. i have used the simeraser every time i have reinstalled the programs, and i have installed thesims and all the expansions without using them or adding anything.. so i really don't know.
    i'll try smewhere ells :D
    kristine

4. geargail

geargail New Member

Empty and re-install the game...

Your best off just emptying all the hard drive's information it has about the Sims... and then reload the game from scratch.

This happened to me - especially when I downloaded new fruniture and skins. --- When I thought the game would run better by getting rid of any one of the original files, be it just getting rid of the extra neighboorhoods, didn't make the gameplay more effective at all... Kept getting messages of some missing files and then the game just 'ups' and quits.

Sure, it may take up to 2 hours to load all them CD's back in the hard-drive. (( it will be worth it, and your game should work after that. ))

I can't imagine playing a computer game without the sims.

Temathi