Making New Neighbourhood...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by SarahRon, Nov 20, 2004.

1. SarahRon

SarahRon New Member

Making New Neighbourhood...

Okay, so I have my own neighbourhood going, but I can't build any shops. How can we get them to go shopping and buy new clothes? My child sims, when they grow up, dress like my pre-existing teen sims. I put commercial land down and when my teen went there to shop, all that was there was a phone (thank g*d!)

Anyone know?

Sarah

2. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

You have to actually build something on the lot yourself first by clicking on the community lot in the neighborhood screen and selecting "Enter Lot" just like you would with an uninhabited residential lot. Any blank lot, whether residential or community, is just what it is: a blank lot, devoid of all but a trashcan and mailbox/phone.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You'll need to build your own shops on the community lots. (Similar to what you have to do with houses, but you go in using the house symbol rather than by placing a family. It's the button just above the one that lets you get into the neighborhood to change it.)