marriage help!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MusicAddict, Dec 29, 2004.

1. MusicAddict

MusicAddict New Member

marriage help!!!!!

This is so sad...... I haven't even had any people get married yet. *sigh* That's how behind I am I guess. But see...... I have a little bit of a problem.... Here's how it went: I made two teenagers. They visit for a while. Then they get to like each other, then a lot, then even more, and then love. They're going steady within a couple days. Full on sneaking out together, calling each other every night kinda stuff. Adorable. BUT THEN! They become adults! And the boy has the family aspiration while the girl has the romance aspiration. The first night after they become adults, they..... um..... get it on. She gets preggy and he is wild about being around her. But SHE is constantly thinkin about other guys and one of her fears is being proposed to by the guy. She follows her around, giving her backrubs and stuff, and she just brushes him away!!!! What do I do????? :eek:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Let them never see each other again...

Romance sims and family sims are not meant to be together. Although there is a way, use SimPE to change her aspiration to something else.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I have gotten romance sims to get married a few times, but all they want to do is have affairs. The game even gives the engagement and married/joined memory a red background and says, "I don't know if this is such a good idea for a sim like me." LOL

Family Sims are best paired with wealth or popularity sims, I've read.

4. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Knowledge Sims make good and caring, if a little distant, family members too, in my experience.

5. Zootyzoot

Knowledge Sims make good and caring, if a little distant, family members as well in my experience.

6. MusicAddict

MusicAddict New Member

*sigh* thanks guys. i guess she'll have to break his poor lovesick heart! she doesn't deserve him i guess.

7. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I finally let one of my sims have an affair (I hate breaking their little pixeled hearts) but I noticed the affair was a good memory with a green background. Is it like that for all sims or just certain asperations?

8. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Romance + Family = Non-traditional relationship

I have a couple families where a Romance Sim is married to a family or popularity Sim. In order to make everyone happy there has to be room for the Romance sim to "roam". There is always risk, but it just makes managing their lives more interesting (at least to me, I'm a nit-picker by nature, I love micro-managing).

9. Zootyzoot

My Sims playing is such a contradiction. I micromanage to make their lives as lovely as possible, but I have the most fun when everything goes horribly wrong. One of the reasons I like Romance Sims is because they introduce a little chaos into the neighbourhood ;).

10. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Indeed

Zootyzoot said:
    My Sims playing is such a contradiction. I micromanage to make their lives as lovely as possible, but I have the most fun when everything goes horribly wrong. One of the reasons I like Romance Sims is because they introduce a little chaos into the neighbourhood
    Total agreement. I like managing, tinkering, and fixing my Sim's lives, and this is even more fun when things are about to go all wonky. And Romance Sims are always on the edge of wonk.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I love the romance sims! I have several of the cads and skanks around, hitting on all the upstanding sims. They are so much fun to play because, like you said, they introduce chaos into the neighborhood. I always punish them, though. So much playing around always leads to pregnancy in my neighborhood. ;)