Marrying Townies & NPC's

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by PlayLives, Nov 1, 2005.

1. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Marrying Townies & NPC's

It seems like alot of people don't like marrying their sims with townies and NPC's. Is there a reason for this?

If I "inter-marry" my sims with the in-game sims will it mess up the neighborhood & genetics too much?
    There are 3 townie's and 1 NPC I have in mind so far.

Thanks.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The main reasons I cite for not wanting to marry a townie are these: (a) they're all plug ugly -- even the good looking ones! :p and (b) they always arrive in your home without a job. I wouldn't mind but even if you marry the fireman he (or she) starts married life as an unemployed bum. :( Apart from that they're fine .... :rolleyes: and they won't mess up your genetics unless you count polluting the gene pool with ugliness and concorde-sized noses. Anyone still remember Concorde? Darn progress ... ;)

3. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Oh, okay. I took into account their "attractiveness", LOL.
    I don't want any fugly babies!

These are the one's I'm speaking of, they are all cute and have jobs and some skills:

Joe Carr - Intern, $

Katrina ? - Flight Officer, $$ (bought in about $16,000 when she moved in)

Katarina ? - Mayor, level 10 career, she is packing in skills.

Leo Desp..? - looks like a farmer/gardener or something.
    I have to remember to ask him what his job is and how much money he makes.

So when moving them in they should all keep their jobs (Katrina did), except maybe Leo because he may be an NPC gardener, I'm not sure.

4. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

While I sort of agree with (a), I kind of enjoy shaking the gentic tree to see what falls out. I get bored with a whole neighborhood of pretty-perfect personality sims.

As for (b), I think NL has fixed that problem. In an earlier post, I described how one of my sims married a Uni-sim who graduated upon move-in as a Surgeon (complete with the Career Reward item), a sizeable nest egg (5 digits), and a housefull of expensive appliances in her backback. Maybe the new lottery bug effects jobs as well?

5. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I think it was the lottery bug, but who knows for sure? I had one of my sims fall in love with a girl and he moved her in. But boy was I surprised when she had to grow up first! I had no idea she was a college girl. She only had about 7 skill points, spread all over the place, no job, but I think she brought a good amount of $$ with her--maybe 7-8 thousand.

6. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Yeah, I have NL, so maybe that's why the townie's I want my sims to marry pretty much have their stuff together.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I don't know what the lottery bug is, but I also had a sim marry an NPC who was a surgeon. He didn't have a lot of money, or his career reward, but he was packing in skills. He's almost maxxed out now.

I never used to marry NPC's for two reasons 1) Unless you play them through college, they'll never have more than four slots (this still bugs me a bit now that I'm spoiled by 6) and 2) I liked having extensive family trees, and with very few exceptions NPCs are all orphans, despite the fact that many of them share the same last name.

Also, I didn't like most of them. But how many people do you meet in real life that you want to marry?

I decided to have my sims marry NPCs because I didn't want to have to invent spouses for them, and with NL half the fun is seeing who falls in love with whom. Of course, that can still be a challenge with sims you create, but you can tip the odds quite a bit if you're careful. I may create one or two as I go along: it's not like there are rules. ;) And I absolutely refuse to let my sim marry someone I can't stand. Goopy, Benjamin and Brandon don't have a chance in my game. :p

NL has some cutie pies. My sim married Tyson Andrews. Don't know if he has the same name in your game, as they seem to vary, but for pix see my story thread. He's the surgeon. He looks like a fashion model, and their daughter (Zaire) is very pretty.

I agree Joe Carr is good looking, but so far none of my sims have been interested in him. Both Ivy's are cute, and as mentioned several NL NPCs are good looking too. Which, let's face it, is a factor. I had a sim marry Sheldon Handby in my previous game which has since been wiped, thinking he seemed nice. He's not. And their kid was UGLY, and also not nice. So that turned out to be a big mistake.

Brandi LeTourneau, however, is quite cute with a makeover and different clothes. She's a bit grouchy though. But at least her kids turn out cute (even though ugly kid was hers, it was Sheldon's fault ... :rolleyes: Her other son, by my sim, was perfectly acceptable looking).

8. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

LOL @ Suprised_by_withces, I've been checking out "Tyson" too, although his name is not Tyson in my game but Amari (I didn't know he was a surgeon though).
    It was between him, Joe and Iren (David in your game)
    but my sim had the double hots for Joe and he for her. They fell in love with each other on their own! Joe now wants to marry her (found out by having her roomate ask him) but that want hasn't come up for my sim yet. Although I'm going to have her propose to him soon.

It's funny how "some of us" will only allow our sims to hook up with those we find attractive. Luckily so far my sims have had good taste in selecting who they have the hots for, LOL!

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

love the term, "double hots" has anyone actually met a "triple"???

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The residents of my main neighborhood are mostly townies and NPCs that I'd make friends with, invite to move, check them out as potential marriage material, then marry or move out. I have several families that are townies and NPCs married to each other. Sophie Miguel married Joe Carr, for instance (he's now Joe Miguel :p .) Ivy Copur (the younger) went to college, met and fell in love with Randy London while in college. They're now married and expecting a baby. :)

I haven't bothered with Goopy (looks as bad as his name.) Even though I befriended Kennedy Cox and Amin Sims and married them off to other NPCs I really don't like those guys. Kennedy is just plain mean and Amin is always kicking over trash cans, the jerk. :(

Like SBW I actually prefer getting to know the townies/NPCs rather than create new sims. The addition of the Uni EP really opened up the field. I sent a lot of the NPC teens to college and some of them turned out quite cute.

Oh, BTW, the same townie/NPC in a different neighborhood will probably have a different career and money in his pocket. In one of my neighborhoods, Amin Sims was a criminal mastermind with tons of money. In another he was midway through the medical career path and had only a few simoleons in his pocket. :rolleyes: His bride was a little disappointed. (But he kicks over trash cans in every neighborhood.)

11. MegRen

MegRen New Member

As a matter of fact, I have. Jorden Trigger in Rose Valley got a blind date and they had 3 lightning bolts. It took 2 dates to get them to fall in love and engaged. It was great. That reminds me, I need to update my Rose Valley thread. :D

12. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

I have several triple couples. A few met through the matchmaker, but some were surprises. I sent Monica Bratford out on a blind date that she paid the minimum amount for, because I wanted to get a horrible date on purpose. They turned out to have 2 bolts, and despite my attempts the date ended up good. Monica was then asked on an outing by one of the friends of the date, and one of the other guys on that outing was the 3 bolt guy, Skylar. They are now happily married, expecting a child, and planning evil world domination as they both want to be criminal masterminds.

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Triple hots are kind of hard to come by in my game. Lots of doubles, and Lola and Tyson, happily married and about to celebrate their golden anniversary, only have single hots for each other. They both feel more attraction for other sims. In fact, Lola has triple hots for her daughter's boyfriend, Spike, even though they hate each other and are sworn enemies. Tyson lusts after Willow Cormier. She's the cute pale townie with black curly hair who wears the sexy black top/red skirt outfit (or is the other way around)?

Zaire and Castor have triple hots for each other but I cheated a bit. Once they got married I had him drink his potion. He's straight, but liked muscular vampires, and kept wanting to do things with Spike. So I changed him to like brown-haired girls who wear makeup and voila! Triple hots for his sweetie and no more wants to see Spike all the time. (He liked my other vamp, London, too, until she poked him in the chest at his wedding. Those vamps. So temperamental.)