Matching the Lush/Desert ground on pre-builts.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nunix, Oct 27, 2004.

1. nunix

nunix New Member

Matching the Lush/Desert ground on pre-builts.

How to do this? I've downloaded a number of lots from the Exchange to put into Strangetown, and they retain the Lush ground texture (it's definitely that, not a grass pattern/tile). I can't seem to find anything that matches the default desert -exactly-, and it's bugging the heck out of me.

So.. is there a quick and easy way to convert a Lush lot to a Desert?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Not that I know of. The base ground texture seems to be set in stone, and doesn't change if the lot is moved to different neighborhoods.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Couldn't you use one of the dirt or sand tools in the F3 build mode menu? (it's under the shovel and there are two or three shades of brown to choose from)

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

None of those shades match the standard lush or desert patterns exactly, although with going from desert to lush, the discrepancy in the green shades is far less jarring than trying to dirt over a lush-originated house. While the difference in green-ness between grass-tool green, and standard ground green can easily be explained by lawn care, where, obviously, one doesn't bother to perform lawn care beyond the boundaries of one's own property, the effect for desert is much more jarring....because who bothers to cover their yard with dirt of a slightly different color, anyway?