Mod Releases Max News Paper

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by CyberOps, Jun 9, 2009.

1. CyberOps

CyberOps New Member

Max News Paper

I changed it so you can have only 2 news papers before no more are delivered, still working on stopping the newspaper boy at all from showing up. Will be updated if I figure it out.

Installation:
    Drop the package file into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Please Remember to Click Mark as Installed!

Attached Files:

2. CyberOps

CyberOps New Member

Reserved

3. fourthing

fourthing New Member

appreciate a lot for this site

glad to be here

4. metoo

metoo New Member

hello

when i drop the package file into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, i see nothing on sims manager and i cant load files and game.
    Have you a solution?
    Thx

5. nuffe

nuffe New Member

me too

6. DannysBear

DannysBear Bear of Scotland

Write you two.

It is a package file. If you can not see them in the luncher then you will need. The monkeyhelper program. Then bang it should work for you two.

Here is the download for it. MonkeyHelper

What does this NOT do?

This tool will NOT install files that are in .sims3pack format (the game's Launcher does that) or .sim format (put those files in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\SavedSims folder). This only works on .package files.

Help! I installed this and my game crashes / wont load!

The Helper Monkey cannot cause your game to crash. The only thing that can is the mods and packages you and installed. I repeat, the helper monkey by itself cannot cause your game to crash.

Detailed list of features:

• Setup of a Resource.cfg in the Sims 3 root folder that allows up to 4 levels of arbitrary subfoldering.
    • Automatically creates the Mods\Packages folder under Sims 3 root.
    • Automatically copies in the d3dx9_31.dll file needed for AwesomeMod.
    • Adds 5 right click menus to .package files that automatically copy the clicked-on file to the various Sims 3 install folders.
    • Adds a double-click action to .package files that automatically copies the file to the Sims 3 Root Mods\Packages folder.
    • Supports installing multiple .package files at a time - just highlight the ones you want, right click, install!

[​IMG] Install Instructions

Step 1: Sims 3 must not be running. Shut down your game.

Step 2: Download and extract the rar file. Do NOT extract it to your game folder, your sims 3 folder, your my docs Sims 3 or to any location involving the game whatsoever. Extract it to your desktop.

Step 3: Run the TS3InstallHelper.exe program by double-clicking on it.

Step 4: Follow the wizard.

Once the program is installed, to actually use it, you just have to find a Sims 3 .package file (like one of the ones you download from here), right click, and you should see a little drop down menu. Click which ever you want it to do.

It wont work! I get access denied messages

If you are using Vista (either normal or 64bit) then you may encounter this message. It occurs becuase of the location of the game files - in Program Files - often needs admin rights to access.

On Vista you have the UAC which is either disabled or enabled, but you also have either Admin or Limited users.

• If you are an Admin and you disable UAC then this program should work fine.
    • If you are an Admin and you leave UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.
    • If you are a Limited User and you disable UAC, then you really shouldn't do that. You are crippling your PC. Either use an Admin account or enable it. [​IMG]
    • If you are a Limited User and you have UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.

(Note: The above assumes that you downloaded the TS3InstallHelper.rar on or after the edit time of this message).

You can try to get around by doing the following:

- Download the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar.
    - Install as per installation instructions

Or turning UAC off. [​IMG]

Note: If, after install, you dont get the right click menus, try the following:

- Right click a package file
    - Select Open With
    - Browse to the helper monkey (C:\Program Files\Mad Scientist Productions\InstallHelper\InstallHelper.exe)
    - Open the file with the monkey

How do I install .package files with this?

Extract the package file as normal using WinRar, WinZip, etc.

Easiest method: Just double-click on the file.

Or, for subfolders: Right click the package file and select one of the 5 different menu items to send it to a specific subfolder.

Note that .package files installed via this method will not have the "custom content" flag set. This is a limitation of the game and not of the helper monkey!

[​IMG] How do I remove/uninstall content I installed with this?

All you have to do is to browse to your Sims 3 mods folder folder (usually C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages) and then delete the files from the disk.

[​IMG] Requirements

Requires .NET Framework 3.5

[​IMG] Technical details:

Please note that this overwrites any existing Resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder.

Also please note that it will change the default handler for .package files. If you have your .package files associated with SimPE, then you will need to set up your file associations again after running this program. (Usually via Open With...)

This does not work on Macs. [​IMG]

Credits

Now I did not make this program and will not accept the Credit. All that shall go to. Lethe_s for the monkey idea, and HystericalParoxysm and Jon for the actual monkey icon. [​IMG]

7. DannysBear

DannysBear Bear of Scotland

Here this will help. MonkeyHelper

What does this NOT do?

This tool will NOT install files that are in .sims3pack format (the game's Launcher does that) or .sim format (put those files in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\SavedSims folder). This only works on .package files.

Help! I installed this and my game crashes / wont load!

The Helper Monkey cannot cause your game to crash. The only thing that can is the mods and packages you and installed. I repeat, the helper monkey by itself cannot cause your game to crash.

Detailed list of features:

• Setup of a Resource.cfg in the Sims 3 root folder that allows up to 4 levels of arbitrary subfoldering.
    • Automatically creates the Mods\Packages folder under Sims 3 root.
    • Automatically copies in the d3dx9_31.dll file needed for AwesomeMod.
    • Adds 5 right click menus to .package files that automatically copy the clicked-on file to the various Sims 3 install folders.
    • Adds a double-click action to .package files that automatically copies the file to the Sims 3 Root Mods\Packages folder.
    • Supports installing multiple .package files at a time - just highlight the ones you want, right click, install!

[​IMG] Install Instructions

Step 1: Sims 3 must not be running. Shut down your game.

Step 2: Download and extract the rar file. Do NOT extract it to your game folder, your sims 3 folder, your my docs Sims 3 or to any location involving the game whatsoever. Extract it to your desktop.

Step 3: Run the TS3InstallHelper.exe program by double-clicking on it.

Step 4: Follow the wizard.

Once the program is installed, to actually use it, you just have to find a Sims 3 .package file (like one of the ones you download from here), right click, and you should see a little drop down menu. Click which ever you want it to do.

It wont work! I get access denied messages

If you are using Vista (either normal or 64bit) then you may encounter this message. It occurs becuase of the location of the game files - in Program Files - often needs admin rights to access.

On Vista you have the UAC which is either disabled or enabled, but you also have either Admin or Limited users.

• If you are an Admin and you disable UAC then this program should work fine.
    • If you are an Admin and you leave UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.
    • If you are a Limited User and you disable UAC, then you really shouldn't do that. You are crippling your PC. Either use an Admin account or enable it. [​IMG]
    • If you are a Limited User and you have UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.

(Note: The above assumes that you downloaded the TS3InstallHelper.rar on or after the edit time of this message).

You can try to get around by doing the following:

- Download the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar.
    - Install as per installation instructions

Or turning UAC off. [​IMG]

Note: If, after install, you dont get the right click menus, try the following:

- Right click a package file
    - Select Open With
    - Browse to the helper monkey (C:\Program Files\Mad Scientist Productions\InstallHelper\InstallHelper.exe)
    - Open the file with the monkey

How do I install .package files with this?

Extract the package file as normal using WinRar, WinZip, etc.

Easiest method: Just double-click on the file.

Or, for subfolders: Right click the package file and select one of the 5 different menu items to send it to a specific subfolder.

Note that .package files installed via this method will not have the "custom content" flag set. This is a limitation of the game and not of the helper monkey!

[​IMG] How do I remove/uninstall content I installed with this?

All you have to do is to browse to your Sims 3 mods folder folder (usually C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages) and then delete the files from the disk.

[​IMG] Requirements

Requires .NET Framework 3.5

[​IMG] Technical details:

Please note that this overwrites any existing Resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder.

Also please note that it will change the default handler for .package files. If you have your .package files associated with SimPE, then you will need to set up your file associations again after running this program. (Usually via Open With...)

This does not work on Macs. [​IMG]

Credits

Now I did not make this program and will not accept the Credit. All that shall go to. Lethe_s for the monkey idea, and HystericalParoxysm and Jon for the actual monkey icon.

8. tabathaflidders

tabathaflidders New Member