Troubleshooting Merola's Multipainting

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by _punk_rocker_, Feb 15, 2007.

1. _punk_rocker_

_punk_rocker_ New Member

Merola's Multipainting

Hi i am considering using Merola's Multipainting and i just wanted some more information about. e.g. What are the dangers of using it? and Where do i get it?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've not found any dangers in using Merola's Multipainting. It seems to be one of the safest products out there. It even works with all the EPs.

You can find it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30927
    or at his simchaotics site (which is in the MTS2 thread as well.)

3. ozoinka

ozoinka New Member

I love Merola's Multipainting too. I have it in all my homes and even some businesses. It really improves the game play, because they dont have to sleep and eat all the time. Sounds strange but have you noticed how quickly they get hungry or tired? Anyway, you can also use it to increase their skills and days left in age so they just zip through their careers, gaining promotion after promotion.

The lives of my little Sims are much happier and stress free with the help of Merola.

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

It even works flawlessly on a Mac! It is a great little hack!!

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Merola's painting is quite safe. However like all hacks and cheats there are certain things to be aware of. For example you can hack a child's school grade but don't expect that doing it will fulfill a parent's aspiration want for the child to get a A+ report.

The other day I was playing around with a toddler in a high chair trying to find out what triggers the tantrum ... (the answer is a complex combo of conditions :p ) and I forgot to get the dad to drive to work (teach me to play with free will off) anyway he missed a promotion so I Merola's him one but he didn't get the aspiration points for getting a promotion so Merola'd him a max aspiration as well ... pretty soon your game is just a big cheat :rolleyes:

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

This is true - I try not to use the painting very much as I don't want the game to become TOO easy!

Mainly, I use it to extend the lives of my favorite sims a little longer - It's just easier than using the "Green Stuff!" But even that gets limited. I believe it was SBW who said that once their grandchildren get into the university, it's probably time to let your sims become elders. That's a good rule of thumb.

The other thing I regularly use the painting for is Potty training - and only because I find THAT particular sim chore so BORING! Therefore, I have the parent plunk that toddler down on that potty chair, and then I use the painting to keep lowering the toddler's bladder points. I just keep him (or her) sitting there until they have mastered that skill! (If only it were that easy in real life!) :rolleyes:

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

ROTFL, what a great idea. Never thought of it. Thanks, Sacha.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Heh-heh ... methinks there's a lot of us already using that trick only we're just too ashamed to admit it.

Actually though ... if you were to fill a large bottle with Red Bull and sit a real baby on the potty it would kinda go straight thr.......... <knock> <knock>

Ooh hello missy social worker dude! :eek:

They've come to take me away again :eek:

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

*raises hand sheepishly* I always have...but I give them smart milk first and have the adult use the smart cap thingy-ma-bobber and I only need to bring their bladder down to medium once.

10. FBISWAT

FBISWAT New Member

I liked Merola's Multipainting when I used it on windows but when I try to use it on a mac it does not install but it will unzip it as a .exe. Anyone know how to get the painting to work on a mac?

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hmmmm...I don't remember ending up with an executable file (.exe)...And I don't remember how I installed it, but I DO now that I ended up with the ME_MultiPainting.package in my downloads folder...When I get back home, I will try to find the original zipped file, and see if I can figure out how it installed.

PS - Did you try just putting the file in your downloads folder manually? That might work...

12. Leticron

Leticron New Member

I assume that you grabbed a package, that has been altered by anyone. When I got that painting...years ago, it was a ZIP file.Try opening it with an archiver..it mit as well be Zip or RAR file treated with the SFX (self-extract) Option, and then just put it into your Downloads folder manually.

You could also get the ZIP directly from Merola's space at simchaotics.net:
    http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/ME_MindControlMirror.zip
    -le