MGS, not MSG.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by OinkUsed2BABunny, Sep 26, 2003.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Ah!!! Book has gone FULL evil! She just wont give it up until all the kiddies in all the countries of the world are doing nothing but yard work. She must be stopped! *throws various cheese products at her* Die you Philanthropy dog!

2. OinkUsed2BABunny

Yeeeeeps. Thats the way to kill a thread.

3. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

LOL Oink...Just wanted to tell you that the thread isn't dead...yet! lol To be honest, I've tried to watch the kids play MGS and it gives me the same headache that MSG (the food additive, that is!!)does!! I'm afraid that I like the games like Zelda (yes, I know that it is an old game) but find that I like the solving of a puzzle to blowing enemies away like in the Bond games...I know that it is make-believe but have a problem with some of the violence in some games....I won't even let the kids buy Mortal Kombat. (I let them rent it to check it out but wasn't impressed...won't even let them do that with Vice City although I'm not naive enough to think they have never seen or played it elsewhere)...So, tell me I'm unfair, etc. but us oldies have problems with some of the stuff that is out there because I feel it does affect a person whether they realize it or not... Your thoughts?

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

:rolleyes: ...

As for the Metal Gear topic... Whatever happened to Meryl? They never explained what happened to her after MGS... Did she just go her own way after all that happened or what?
    I'm guessing that Snake got annoyed with her. He already gave off that impression after Psycho Mantis. Perhaps he took her one comment too seriously since she was slowing him down and actually killed her. ;)

5. OinkUsed2BABunny

*rolls on the floor laughing his lungs out* She just doesnt know where she belongs does she? :p

Hint for Book: At least try not to bad-mouth the thread's topic if you're gonna talk about it, like you did the mighty Cheese Cult.

Snake: Ever EVER checked out the many other options besides New Game and Load Game? Meryl is talked about in Snake Tales "Confidential Legacy" or something. Havent played in a long time. I'm sure she's mentioned once or twice in game and in the "before stories" too. Beat the you-know-who to the console and play Substance to its fullest.
    ;)

6. SolidSnake_19

Ohhh. I guess I never got that far in Snake Tales. Must beat you-know-who away from the console long enough for me to play.
    I still like to think that he got rid of her after the mission.
    <Book>
    bWEWahahahahahaha!!1!1!
    </Book>

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

Just bound the you-know-who and leave them by that lake you told me about. I'll let Fluffy do the rest.

By getting rid of her you mean ditching her or throwing her in a ditch after emptying a clip of SOCOM ammo into her?

8. SolidSnake_19

Emptying a clip into her was the way I meant. But I guess if she's in Snake Tales he didn't get rid of her.

9. OinkUsed2BABunny

You hate everyone who's not Solid Snake. :rolleyes:

10. SolidSnake_19

That's true.
    But all of the characters are annoying... with the exception of Ocelot - he's just sadistic. :)

11. OinkUsed2BABunny

He must be overcompensating for something...

Anyways, you allow them to become annoying. Anygame that doesnt include "crashing a loaded coaster into the food court" just doesnt appeal to you. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, per se.
    :p

12. SolidSnake_19

*Evil laugh* So you're the person I told about my RCT death trap sadisticness. :p I can't help it, it's just fun. :D

The most annoying is Otacon. When he gets all sad about Sniper Wolf and E. E.

I think Wolf wanted to frisk Snake. o_O

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

Two words: Island of Never-Ending Torment. All ya gotta do is create a 3 tile by 3 tile island in the middle of a lake and put all of the Entrances and Exits to rides on the edges of it. Then connect the Park Entrance to the island and voila! You've got yourself a bunch of retards who doesnt know how to get out, and will spend all of their money on rides they dont even like! :LOL: Best if coupled by concession stands and bathrooms that charges them double digit prices. ;)

"I wish I had that."
    :p

14. SolidSnake_19

Hehehe. I done that once.

Poor Johnny. He runs into problems in both Metal Gear games. Tisk, tisk. He really needs to get a new job.

Added: Pretty sad when the guards say that Oink. No wonder they're so angry at the world.

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

There's an entire message board dedicated to Johnny Sazaki and his *ahen* "problems". It even has a thread where posters would join in and make up a story about how Johnny deals with his problems has he lives out his daily life. It soon developed into him trying to sought medical treatment for his "problems" and trying to pick chicks up at the same time. As you can probably imagine, hilarity ensues. :D

Yep, they're aaaalll over-compensating for something. I dunno what Olga and Helena's deals were, and dont even get me started on the Bi-sexual blood-sucking Romanian freak. :p

16. SolidSnake_19

Worst character... ever. By far he and Fortune the most annoying out of the bunch on MGS2. How many times can one person 'die'? and why won't Fortune stop her whinning? :dead:

Too much talking and cinema scenes, not enough action.

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

Dont pretend the whole Ocelot commandeering Ray (Tanker, not that OTHER 'Oooh, come and lets all reveal our life stories while we try to put a cap in each other butts.' one at the end) sequence didnt get a rise outta you. :p Not to mention the one where Snake saved Raiden from a certain vampire-wannaba whose name shall not be uttered. Come to think of it, most of the good to superb CG sequences either stars Snake alone or has him in it. *sigh* Raiden you disappointment you! :angry:

ADDED: And what about the intro? I'm talking about the one that's just a bunch of clips from OTHER CG's, but it's still the best movie by far, mainly because of the aforementioned fact. The Snake bridge jump is great too, but where the hell is the action?

18. SolidSnake_19

That end scene with Ocelot explaining everything was too long and didn't make any sense (well it did, it just sucked.) My brothers and I were all bored with that part, couldn't Kojima come up with anything better than that?

The intro to the game (tanker and the title) were good. It's just the rest of the game that wasn't. It was basically Metal Gear Solid for PS1 all over again - just set in a different, and more boring, location.

There we no wolves to attack you, no drone guns by the hundred, very little originality and defusing bombs which isn't really a Metal Gear thing. :confused:

With Snake Eater coming out I hope that they actually go back to the more MG style and no defusing bombs most of the time.
    Will you be able to eat anything you come across that's alive e.g the attack dogs and crocodiles?

19. OinkUsed2BABunny

You'll be able to eat penguins, and set bear traps for guards, and then eat them too. It'll be like a buffet in the jungle. Sweet, huh?

20. SolidSnake_19

Somehow I doubt that...:p

It would be nice if they allowed you to eat anything you came across - including guards.

What I wonder is will the crocodiles be able to kill Snake in one shot or will you have to struggle to get away from them... and will the snakes you eat be dangerous to try and get? E.g. poisonous or constrictors. :p

Their answer for a release date stinks - 2004 isn't good enough.

Must flood them with emails saying, "Release MGS3 now!!1!?!"