Minimizing Sims 2 on a Mac.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Javenic234, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Javenic234

Javenic234 New Member

Minimizing Sims 2 on a Mac.

I was wondering? How would I go about playing the game in windowed mode on a mac? While I have seen -w as a solution on PCs, I see no way how to go about doing this on a mac. People have suggested Command-M but to my knowledge this doesn't work.

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I do not know how to play the game in windowed mode on a mac...HOWEVER, you can HIDE the game, and then continue playing later. You do this by holding down the "Apple" key, and then H. Then, to bring the game back up again, just double cklick on the Sims 2 icon on the task bar.

WARNING: Always SAVE your game before you hide it, just in case!

Also, once you have loaded the game, and the disc has been verified, you can eject the disc and play with out it. Therefore, I rarely have to boot up the game. I just hide it, and when I want to play it again, I just bring it up and start playing where I left off. (Caveat - this only works if you put your Mac to sleep when not in use...NOT if you shut down.)

Anyway, don't know if this is helpful or not, but I've been playing this way fro a long time. I rarely have to boot the game up using the disc...it's always just there waiting for me where I left off!