Troubleshooting "Missed Exam" Problem After Installing OFB

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 15, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

"Missed Exam" Problem After Installing OFB

Thought I'd post this in the right place this time. :eek:

Here's another problem I've noticed since installing OFB: I send Joe College to his exam, on time, with his little class meter filled to the top and the game tells me, when he gets back from taking it, that he missed it and docks his grade! It's happened more than once, to different sims.

I found a workaround though: If you use Pescado's college thingy and choose when to take the exam it doesn't happen. So far, anyway.

No big deal for most sims. A B plus is as good as an A plus. But for sims who want to graduate with honors it is a bigger deal, and I'm worried that the final final exam that they're supposed to take to graduate will produce this result as well and the game won't let them graduate. I plan to save my game before the exam to make sure they get to graduate.

I didn't send them to college for nothing!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

That's happened to me several times as well...using the college clock. I remember reading something else on this as well. It has something to do with them ending up going to their exam the same time their class is scheduled or something like that...there is a thread around here somewhere...

3. surprised_by_witches

Oh. So I need to make sure their class doesn't happen at the same time as the exam, then. OK. Thanks!

4. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Pescado also has a fix for this... finalfix-nlp2 or something like that (the bug was actually introduced by the second NL patch... or I should say, reintroduced).

5. surprised_by_witches

Teach me to stay on top of things!

Thanks, Kit. I'll check it out.