Mission: Marriage....

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Jesgreg, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Jesgreg

Jesgreg New Member

Mission: Marriage....

I am trying desperately for the proposal option to come up between my Sims, and it never is an option. I don't know what I can do to make one Sim have the proposal option come up. Both of my Sims are at 100% in the relationship department, and they are both in love. The house is clean, they have full bars and are generally happy. I don't know what to do!!!!!

2. reniusa

reniusa New Member

First off.........If the sims live in the same house, the game considers them "married"

If they live in seperate houses, then usually they are just not in a good enough mood for the "propose" to come up. Make sure they eat, go potty, talk some, and watch TV. That usually puts them in a good enough mood for it to come up.

Hope that helps :)

3. Jesgreg

Jesgreg New Member

What does the game do if there's more than 2 adults in a house? I don't really need a response...just curious and thanks for the reply

4. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Well they are all considered family. Family can't get married to one another......at least not in The Sims. ;)

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Ahhh... I WONDERED why I kept seeing other people having screen shots and pics of their sims getting married but mine never did... I guess if you start out in the same house it's assumed you're family or roomies and can't get married, so are married already if you want to assume that. Wow, now if I want to see them change to wedding clothes and have it as a game event I need to start having one of my guys from one family flirt with a girl from a different one!! I get it now!! :)

6. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Or you could just have both of them change to formal, and stage a wedding with a passionate kiss. I've seen people do that for albums. :)

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

awww that would be fun, I want to make a wedding chapel community lot now... heehee! I wonder if I can figure out how to have a cake that doves fly out of instead of the party dancer.... anyone have any ideas on how I could manage that??

8. reniusa

reniusa New Member

That would be really cool !!! Let me know if you figure it out, or find something that is similar. Please :)

9. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Hey that would be cool!

10. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I got a church organ from simsnobs thats really good

11. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

Ya tell me if u make 1 FaeLuna!!!!!!!!

12. reniusa

reniusa New Member

ooooo a church organ!!! But isn't SimSnobs a paysite? I'll have to check it out. ;)

13. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

is it a paysite????

14. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Yes it is, unfortunately. :(

They do have some freebies though!!! Gotta love the freebies. ;)

15. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

im goin there!!!!

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess I'll look it up and see if any of the freebies are things I can use. :) I found a great pulpit the other night, cloned from a mirror so your sim stands there in it doing their charisma speech, I thought that was really cute!! I figure someday I'll stage a wedding with a sim dressed for a preacher using it while I have my couple in wedding clothes kiss. :) I'm soo sentamentally silly!

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess I can make my own church organ cloned from the upright piano. :) I think I'll need reference pics for drawing the organ though.....

18. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

im workin on fishies!!!!!!!

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sigh, everyone is going pay....WHY!

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Really good question Josh!