How Do I money?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by miss_jessie_lou, Jan 31, 2006.

1. miss_jessie_lou

miss_jessie_lou New Member

money?

i know this is a little dumb! but is there a cheat to get more money if so what is it thankyou! x x x x

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

ctrl + shift + c and then type motherlode for 50,000 or if you have Nightlife, then kaching for 1000 at a time. Or if you're in the main neighborhood view you can type familyfunds then the last name of the family and a dollar amount: Such as I want the smith family to have 60,000.00, then I'd type familyfunds Smith 60000 (this is also nightlife)

Hope that helps

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

It helped me! I tried kaching in the neighborhood view and no dice. Thanks, Shana! It's really annoying when your family has, say 20,000 and their perfect house costs 21,000.

I didn't realize the cheat was different.

4. jupitershana

Glad I could help, One thing I was confused on with that cheat when I first used it though it that I thought it added that much money to the family. For example I typed familyfunds smith 5000. Then I went to look and instead of the family have 25000 that I thought it should, it only had 5000. So make sure you're typing the amount of what you want their net worth to be. :) Not a big deal if you screw it up though as you can just redo it.

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well with the familyfunds thing what if you have more then one Smith family in your neighborhood. For example I've got a Feuding hood where there are only two families the Hatfields and the McCoys. So far I have several households of each family name. If I say familyfunds Hatfield 180,000 how will it know which Hatfield or would all the Hatfields get that much?

Ruth

6. jupitershana

good question...I don't know. I got the cheat from the PRIMA guide, I'll read more into it tonight. I wonder if it applied it to all the families with that last name...?

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yeah, that would be helpful information. With all my male-babies, very soon I think I'm going to have an entire neighborhood named "Dawson", "Hicks" or "Thompson.":(

8. jupitershana

Sorry I didn't reply earlier on this one. I looked into the familyfunds cheat more. If you have more than one family with the same last night. Click on the family you want to change first so that they are highlighted. Then type in the cheat and that family will have the amount you designated. I've had to do this as Ian DeFoy ended up having two sons, Rory and Tevin. When they came home from college there wasn't enough money to buy even the smallest of lots as I have JMP's no20khandout hack installed. Which I'm planning on deleteing that one as I love the fact that they get 20k after graduating, I always pretend it was a nice graduation gift. Anyway, I tried it and it worked just fine.

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Thanks for letting us know. I have a sim who's in college right now and I'm going to have to use that one to get her money back. She went to college after her parents died and left her over $100,000 but now she only has the grant money she was awarded. So when she graduates I'm going to make sure she has all the money she has in her "trust fund" available to her so that she can adopt some of the kids that CPS took from various families, including her's.

Ruth

10. nikkild

nikkild New Member

When you use the neighborhood cheat, i think you can put + in front of it and it will add it to the family funds instead of make it whatever the amount you typed was. I tried it and it seemed to work. This cheat also works in the lot view when you are playing a family.:)