Morning Sickness

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by person123, Jun 18, 2005.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Morning Sickness

Well, one of my sims became pregnant with her boyfriend's child. For some reason, she experienced absolutely no morning sickness. Was it because her fitness meter was filled to the top? This has never before happened to any of my other sims...

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I think it's a random thing, though I'm sure that as soon as I say that someone will come along and say it isn't. :rolleyes: But, I have sims who are deathly ill everytime they are pregnant, some that get just a little nasuea, and some who don't get any. Last night I had a sim who I "tried for baby", and then didn't hear the music. Since she is close to becoming an elder, I thought, "Well, that's it, I'll leave her alone." and then the next night she hops out of bed and "pudges out". She wound up having twins by the way. A boy and a girl, I named them Vincent Jr. and Vanessa. Their father is Vince Walters the Headmaster.

3. person123

I hate Vince with a passion. He's so snobby. I haven't gotten a Headmaster to even enter any of my sim houses once, because supposedly they're "not suited for such a fine institution," or something like that. I always trim my bushes, water my flowers, weed the yard, clean everything in the house, and even MAKE THE BEDS(my least favorite thing to do; it takes up so much time.) before the stupid p___k comes, and even then he just drives off without a second glance at my spotless house.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I understand your frustration. It's a bug that causes that, not a mucky house. The best bet is immediately the HM has left to call him up again, he usually comes straight over. The only thing the HM cares about is expensive furniture and decorations, he also like plenty of light ... a 3x3 bathroom with a single cheap overhead lamp will getting him whooping and clapping like a good'un. Keep trying. It's worth it to get the kids in cos they mostly come home happier and are thus more easily compelled to do do more studying ... :rolleyes:

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I had a mom who nearly died from being pregnant ... she was in the red or orange on four different needs. I had her order Chinese food and meet the guy on the lawn. I put a bed in the front yard and let her collapse into it ... she woke up when the teenagers she nannied for came home from school and she had enough energy to go upstairs to bed.

But she came close enough that I decided one kid was enough for her. Both she and her husband are family sims but have non-kid-related lifetime wants.

Most of my sim moms barf a few times. I have one who is guaranteed to barf and pass out at least three times per pregnancy, and she's the one with ten kids ... am I mean or what? But her mom, my super sim, didn't even get sick with her.

I think it's pretty random, though. The mom who passed out a lot didn't get to tend to her own needs much, what with all the kids in the house, and I think that definitely contributed.

6. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Yes, I think morning sickness is random. In the pregnancies my sims have experienced, only one has ever experienced morning sickness.

Now, what I want to know is, what the heck is up with this ugly baby syndrome?!? All of those kids turned out so incredibly ugly!

7. surprised_by_witches

Ugly babies can turn out to be really cute adults, so you just need to hang in there ... I like seeing how the genetics turn out. I've already mentioned my family of no-noses. Actually, funnily, the son turned out to have a nose once he went to college, and man is he cute. Kind of looks like Elvis ... but his sisters are still nose-challenged. Turn sideways, it's just not there. But they're still cute from the front.

Some ugly babies stay ugly, but that's life, no? And some cute babies turn out not quite as pretty once they grow up ... I've found that most of the kids are ugly, no matter what. They get cuter as teenagers.

And if they never improve, there's always the plastic surgery machine. :D

8. person123

The ugly babies look horrible when they are children, because their faces are all morphed and pointy...but then they smooth out as adults. Whenever I make babies in CAS, I usually see what the baby will look like as an adult before choosing, because the adults are the most fun to play with, right?

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL SBW and 123. It's shame that Maxis made thefacial genetics so complicated because the end result is that sims tend to end up looking like one of around a dozen morphological 'types'. As near as I have been able to tell (by observation) just about all the factors that the game uses to determine facial characteristics is at complete odds with real life. Of course, that isn't necessarily a bad thing; for one thing it means that making alien and elven heads isn't impossible. But the sad truth about real life is that human faces are like a leopard's spots and snow flakes ... they're all uniquely different but their form is determined by a ridiculously simple set of formulae. :rolleyes:

All of the above is proved (IMO) by the never ending stream of hideous children that sims produce. Kids are naturally cute to look at ... it's a genetic thing that ensures that we all want to have lots of them around cos they look good, so large eyes, chubby cheeks, snub nose and wide forehead = cute. All the game engine can do is to skew the facial proportions ... mainly in reducing nose size, as SBW complains. In real life things are more elegantly simple ... and thus (because that's how it is ;) ) more complicatedly diverse :p

10. Sylla

Sylla New Member

One of my poor sims was hideously ill while pregnant, praying to the porcelain god the majority of the day, thus making her hunger and comfort levels drop dangerously low. So I finally get her away from the toilet and sit down to eat her dinner when she keels over and dies, her hubby was at work so there was no one there to plead for her life. He was devastated (so was I) when he arrived home from work to find his wife and unborn child now an urn, he cried for days. So after a quick change in career, a fast advance through promotions, I got the phone to call the reaper. Paid him lots of money and the wife came back as if nothing had happened, a few hours later (with no sickness anymore) she gave birth to a baby girl. Now they are all happy again, but the sim mum is not going to be allowed to have anymore children, for medical reasons of course.

11. surprised_by_witches

Sounds like a wise policy. ;)

12. person123

I just noticed that KristalRose edited my post. Now I feel like a bad person. I always end up using some kind of bad language online, and get warned or something. It certainly puts a downer on me. It's a wonder I'm not spouting out curses with every sentence, what with all the kids at school using them. They say they're trying to feel more mature. I hate people like that, especially the girls, because they "try to feel more mature" by wearing skin-tight shirts, skirts shorter than their underwear, and 50 lb. of make up.

Okay, I certainly feel calmer now.

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL. I Noticed that word too, 123, but I figured that as Josh hadn't added it to the auto-censor list it probably wasn't a problem. I got all annoyed when I found, to my irritation, that I couldn't use the four letter familiar of Richard. The funniest thing about language sensibilities is the fact that a sizeable English town between Doncaster and Grimsby cannot be named on most bulletin board systems :eek:

As for the "girls of today' ... you sound like my grandma talking in the 1960's :p

14. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

It's interesting to note that I studied this while exploring for the cause of the choking disease. As it turns out, the entire "morning sickness" thing can only occur between the hours of 0 and 12. Once it is hour 12, it immediately ceases. If your sim happens to be asleep at that time, absolutely nothing happens. Knowing this, you can plan accordingly. Convenient, ain't it? :)

As for the puking AFTER the belly appears, that appears to be one of the possible precursor warning signs of the choking disease.

15. person123

Maybe the choking disease is just simply because the pregnant sim is choking on her own vomit. I've seen it happen in real life. Well, maybe not seen, because then I'd be severely traumatized and horrified for the rest of my life, not to mention disgusted.

My friend says I'm 13 going on 22. Even though people at that age don't even normally complain about today's youth, like me, they DO worry about what they're going to do with their life, what job they'll get, if they'll make enough money, if they will find the right spouse... I guess I'll be getting wrinkles early!

16. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

123, I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings that I edited your post. :eek: Since I'm a moderator, it's my job to make sure that the language on the site remains suitable for younger visitors. Josh certainly does not want his in-box filled with complaints with angry parents. So I just change those "4-letter words" that I would not want my own kids saying or hearing. Trust me, hon, I wasn't picking on you or trying to make you feel bad.

17. person123

Oh, I wasn't offended. I just hadn't noticed it until now. I'm not very cognizant(my dad's favorite word).

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMAO Trust Maxis to take "morning sickness literally" :p

19. surprised_by_witches

Yes, one way in which sims bests real life ... I had morning, afternoon and evening sickness ... not much fun! :p

20. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Josh worries too much. I run a site, one which appears to be busier than here, and there aren't any angry parents complaining about anything. Not that this would help, I'd simply make fun of them if they did. Something he should try, perhaps.