How Do I Move Objects Cheat

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Move Objects Cheat

:confused: Help! I need to get rid of a couch. Can't delete it because it's "in use" although no one is sitting on it or even thinking about sitting on it. I've heard about the move objects cheat. How exactly does it work once you've hit ctrl-shift-c? Do you type move object and the name of the object? Is it "move object", (move object), move_object? I'm really fuzzy about the mechanics. I've tried various ways without success.

I've had haunted furniture before and just moved the family out and then back into the house again, but this house is my Legacy house. I don't want to move out.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Move_objects on :)

3. Daizee

Daizee New Member

For me typing "moveobjects on" without the quotes has always worked. Just make sure you put moveobjects off when you are done.

Other people have said other ways to type it work. This is the way it is in the Prima Stradegy Guide.

After you turn it on just click on the couch and you can move it or delete it. If you don't turn it back off afterwards you can end up with weird things when you build and buy like windows in the middle of your living room:rolleyes: because they won't snap to the wall.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Agree Daizee. Move_Objects on/off was the format for that cheat in TS1. The Maxoids left it in for TS2 as a convenience for those players who like to do things the hard way. moveobjects on/off is the form I first read about in a cheat list and I thought, "ooh! A gift from the Maxoids :) clearly they get as fed up of typing multi-shift key words and phrases as we players do!" :D

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

All gone

Thanks, folks. The ugly couch is gone.:)