News My Desktop is Back Up and Running

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

My Desktop is Back Up and Running

After just under two months, I finally have my desktop back from BestBuy and it’s good to go.* Apparently, it was the video card that needed to be replaced (duh, what else was it that made the screen shut off with the monitor and PC still on?).* They are not that reliable and I wish I learned that before I purchased both my desktop and laptop from there.* Regardless, my one-year warranty still covered it and they even installed Windows 7 on it for free, so I didn’t have to pay a cent (other than for Windows 7 since that was my choice).* So, now my desktop is good as new, with Windows 7 permanently in it, and clean with no crapware or other bloatware, etc.**

Wow, I forgot how fast The Sims 3 is on it!* I can now play more frequently since it ran a little choppy on my laptop.* And this is on max settings (except that the lot detail section is set to 3 instead of 16 but only because I need a better video card).* Now I just need an HD monitor (I still have a CRT) and I’m all set.*

However, I am not patching my game to 1.8/2.3 for obvious reasons.* I will wait for a fix for that.* I still recommend for others to do the same if they have issues with the latest patch.* And the speed issue is indeed package-format-CC-related because my game is just as fast with WA installed than without it (for those who said otherwise).*** There is not even the slightest difference, so that’s good.* But of course, that’s old news.* I just can’t wait for the next fix, though.* Happy Simming!* [​IMG]

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

Related posts:
    1. The Sims 3 – How to add more RAM to your desktop/laptop tutorial
    2. New section added – Decorate your desktop with Spore wallpapers!
    3. My Computer Failed Me