My first Sims 2 Neighborhood!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by jonas3333, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

My first Sims 2 Neighborhood!

Welcome to Sutton Place. I don't know how to have images appear on this page or make it downloadable so here's the link to the site I have. Hope you like it. I may be able to make others for other folks as I really enjoyed making Sutton Place. Feel free to give feedback or tell me how to do the image /upload thing. :)
    http://www.freewebs.com/jonas3333/sims2neighborhoods.htm

2. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

Oh and just so you know I only show the zones to denote where(I plan) the lots go and which kind they are. Green - residential lot - Blue is community and yellow is undefined. The zones won't be in the up/download.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Everyone use this picture link. It's much faster. :)

[​IMG]

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I like it. I just wish that trees would transfer over, because that would save us a lot of work. (However, in Thursdays chat they said no trees. I was hoping based on some of the German guys' pics that we would be able to preplace them. At least we can do so with the prop placement too.)

I liked the way you have the little rim mountains around the island. That's a nice touch.

5. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

And Introducing... Spooky Hollow

It's dark in there...did you hear something? Probably just the wind..the wind that howls through the hollow every night. Let this creepy neighborhood host your sims, both hunters and victims this Halloween season.
    Be afraid...be very.... :eek:

http://www.freewebs.com/jonas3333/sims2neighborhoods.htm

And many thanks to you Flameback777 for making that easier for folks to see. Is there a tutorial?

6. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I like your neighborhoods. Especially the first one. Think you could out the file up for download? Umm, if you know how that is.

7. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Well I like your landscape Jonas and flameback

8. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Jonas, THANK YOU for that "shift+#" shortcut for the God Mode... What a HUGE difference that made! Talk about getting the teensiest details right! =) Thanks again!

9. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Ya It helped out a lot. I could actually put in the details i wanted! I have a new and improved version of my old nieghborhood Shady Acres, as well as a new one, Crescent Archipelago. I have some screenshots, as well as the neighborhoods for download! But unfortunatly, the Crescent Archipelago screenshot wouldnt upload. Maybe later. You can see the old Shady Acres here.

Attached Files:

10. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

Thanks for the responses!

I'm really happy my tip helped you out! Shady Acres looks great! It does make all the difference if you ask me! Looking forward to seeing the Archipelago one! And others!
    I don't know how to upload them to this site - but i plan to upload mine on the 17th when I get the game to the sims2 site anyway. Don't see a reason not to and that should be easy.
    I'm also currently avoiding the regular sims2 forums for a while now to avoid spoilers - I guess that will leave me some extra time to do some more custom work anyway ! :)

11. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Can someone help me out on building neighborhoods???:confused:

12. Supernova

Supernova New Member

what sorta thing do you want? I could make it for you.

13. ringleesim

no but thanks supernova... I was looking for a super detailed tutorial to guide me through.:)

14. KatAnubis

I don't know what you mean by "super detailed" but if you've done the SimCity4 tutorial, then the next step is just to use that to make your neighborhood. However, there are a few "restrictions". I did a tutorial which I've been updating as new information comes in. You can find it here:
    http://thesims.ea.com/bbs/messages....1&startRow=1#aeb05248391855b7ae0cf14ab29e81b1

There is also the EA support one (which is linked in the message.) It tells about how to move it from SC4 to TS2 but doesn't have many details about how to make the thing.

15. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I just wish the trees would carry over...

16. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

They do. =)

That was one of the changes to the information that we were told. At first nothing but the roads transfered, but on the EA Games site that Kat just mentioned, it states that trees (all except the palm tree) will transfer over.

So, get to planting those forests!

17. KatAnubis

I even updated my tutorial to state it. (And I spent Monday going through all my SC4 "neighborhoods" adding lots of trees. I *like* trees!)

I'm looking forward to getting the game and actually trying out my new neighborhoods. One article I read yesterday said that the game "cut off" portions of the SC4 neighborhood. I'm wondering if that is part of the 16 square deep border or if they just meant that those areas were "cut off" as far as placing lots. I think until we've played with it, we won't really know.

18. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Yay for forests! I can make my tropical paradise now!

19. ringleesim

But don't palm trees make a tropical paradise??? Your confusing me!

20. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

I'm afraid palm trees are NOT allowed. They simply won't show up in the sims2 when transferring the neighborhood. However, I've seen many a palm tree in the screenshots which means we will be able to place palm trees once in the sims2!