My Life - By Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 23, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

My Life - By Bill Clinton

What's your take on this book? Critics are making fun of him about his book...like seeing his book 30% off already....and so is his pants... :rolleyes:

2. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

I think that it might be an interesting read...but I suspect that it should be on the Fiction list rather than Fact...after all, we all know that this guy can lie with sincerity and a straight face. I wonder if he would really have the guts to tell the truth on Gennifer Flowers, etc. as well as the total truth re: Monica Lewinsky.

I find that most autobiographies are self-serving and air brush the truth into an acceptable spin on the person's actions. Give me a writer with good researching skills and the ability to remain neutral for a good biography on a celebrity any day! (Note: I would never read a biography on someone written by Michael Moore, for example, as I know that it would all be spun in either support or attack on the person depending on Moore's take rather than any try to give both sides of the situation any say). As for Clinton's book, I would rather read someone else's take on him rather than listening to more of the self-serving drivel I've seen coming out of Clinton before now...