Troubleshooting My sim got stuck on a swing

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Djinnious, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Djinnious

Djinnious New Member

My sim got stuck on a swing

how so? how can I get her off that swing? :/

thx in advance

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Did it happen at a Community lot or her home lot?

If it happened on a home lot, you can use the "moveobjects on" cheat (which only works in the buy/build mode) to move her off of it. Make sure that the action is also cancelled from her queue (and that others are not interacting with her on the swing, such as pushing, in their queues), otherwise she might "snap back."

If it's on a Community lot, you may have to exit without saving (as the b/b mode is not available on Community lots.)

3. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

I don't know if it makes a difference but the code i've always used is 'move_objects on' and it works. But anyway, besides that i'd exit w/o saving whether it is in a community or home lot because a lot of times if you take a person off of an object they are using, the game will freeze and then crash. It would be easier on you and your computer to just do it the other way.

4. Djinnious

Djinnious New Member

Where am I supposed to enter those cheats?

And.. where can I obtain those cheats? I haven't used any cheats so far.

5. simcrazy5000

look up Sims 2 cheats in google, the way to enter them is to press [CTRL + Shift + C] (during gameplay)Im pretty sure, i dont use cheats a lot

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

After loading the household you want to play, hit Ctrl Shift C and the cheat window opens at the top of the screen. If you type 'help' and Enter you will get a list of some of the cheats. moveObjects on (or off) is one of them (whether included in the the help list or not, I don't recall off hand.) Then, in the build/buy mode you can pick sims up as if they were furniture and move them around or delete them. Moving them around can make for some curious game-play but hasn't done my game any harm and I do it alot :rolleyes: . If deleted, when you save and exit then re-enter the household the deleted sim will be back again, standing by the mailbox, unharmed.

All as KatAnubis explained. Sims get stuck on occasion and there are many possible reasons.

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

yes, that form will work too. However, it was nice of the game developers to change it so that we can use the easier form to type (especially if you are a lot maker and need to use it frequently.)

So, either "moveobjects on" or "move_objects on" will work. Just make sure to use the off form as soon as you are done moving what you need to move. (So "moveobjects off" or "move_objects off".) Otherwise it can end up giving you some odd problems.

To use the cheats, you open the cheat window by pressing Ctrl, shift and C at the same time. (Or mostly at the same time so that they are all pressed when you finish.) Then you type in what you want and hit "enter".

If you have mistyped it, the box will expand (which tells you that you have messed up. However, it makes it easier if you are having to use several cheats at the same time.)

If you mistyped and want the box to go away after you've correctly entered it, just type "exit".

If you want to make it small again so that you can tell if it's typed correctly, then type in "expand" and hit enter. "Expand" also works if you want the window to stay open for putting in several cheats at a time.

8. simcrazy5000

ok, thanks for clearing that up for me, I found out about the exit "cheat" because I couldn't figure out how to make it go away and got annoyed typed exit it went away and I was happy.:)