My Sim grew up without clothes!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by mmr92, Feb 1, 2005.

1. mmr92

mmr92 New Member

My Sim grew up without clothes!!

He got out of the shower and grew up before he got dressed:eek: . But then he changed into a swimsuit, thankfully. LOL. :p

Attached Files:

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

wow, a nudist sim. That's a new one:eek::eek: That's pretty funny:)

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Pun....

Look, he's in his birthday suit. :) Ha, bad pun alert.

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LMAO at Rowan!!!!!

5. Daizee

Daizee New Member

You have to feel bad for the guy, sitting in those chairs naked.... that's just an accident waiting to happen:rolleyes:

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Good thing you play with the censor firmly in place!

This is a weird glitch.

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Even weirder... a few weeks ago when I installed the patch... well, you know how it resets all your sims' needs and knocks them out of whatever activity they were doing when you saved. One of my sims had been in the shower at last save, and when I loaded up the family after installing the patch, there he was, standing next to the shower, butt naked, with no censor! And I do not use any kind of anti-censor patch.

But now that I've seen that sims are no more anatomically correct than the Barbie and Ken dolls that 4-year-old little girls play with every day, I have to wonder why that censor box is so crucial to maintaining the Teen rating of the game...:confused:

8. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

They actully have an anti-censor patch? really?:D

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... you saucepot!

And LOL again, Carly. Probably for the same reason that some parents choose to censor their children's education in subjects ranging from reproductive biology to good ole monkey-boy, Chuck Darwin .... It's all best summed up in the words of the late lamented Douglas Adams:
    :rolleyes:

10. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Because...

Because America is one of the most uptight nations on the planet when it comes to nudity in art. We seem to love sexual scandal but even a little nudity send people running for the hills. Remember the Jannet Jackson Super Bowl brujhaha? You see more flesh than that on an Australian beer commercial. Or a British game show. But Americans still view the nude human form, even one as anatomically incorrect as a Sim, as associated with sin, perversion, and vulnerability.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Confession Time:

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.:disappointed:

I have used the anti-censor patch.

Then I found out all I needed was a little cheat code.

I have looked upon my naked sims.

They look like castrated Barbie Dolls. There is nothing any more sexual for my kids to look at than when the 5-year-old strips her dolls.

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That's actually a known glitch.

As to the censor, I don't know why they insist on it. However, it is nice for the artists because then they are not expected to detail that area. ;)

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

...then you visit one of the european or scandinavian sites and download the anatomically correct skins and then, ooh la la! Da stockings give a hint that there's way too much air between sims when they makeout.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

... ooh la la? Why can I not stop thinking about a band called Badly Drawn Boy? Actually that censor blur is quite funny ... I actually think the Ken-look appears ruder with the blur than without it. As for my liberal-minded-but-decadent continental cousins' websites ... I honestly don't see how the arrangement of a few pixels can be ooh anything ... let alone "la la" ... ;) :eek:

15. aharris

aharris New Member

Heh, I forget exactly why, but for some reason, one of my Sims, Myles, was pulled out of the shower in his birthday suit too. He proceded to go outside on the front lawn and stargaze through the telescope since has an obsession with alien abduction. It was funny becasue there were several houseguests over who all waked by him expressing their disgust over his nakedness. He had the naked blur on through. It fit well with my on-going story of his alienation from his father who is using him as a research subject for a psychological treatise, so I took a pic of it and put it in the family album painting it as a sign of deep mental trouble. :D

16. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

I believe that discussion on the anti-censor patch is frowned upon and if you link to it you can be banned. If you keep it up I will close this thread.

*This has been a friendly reminder from The Sims 2 Discussion Mod*

17. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I understand the ken and barbie look, that's no problem, but how many ppl actually pee with their pants on?:confused:

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree ... it does seem nasty ... but oh the alternative is too ... too :eek: !!!! :eek:

19. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

The censor exists precisely *BECAUSE* there is nothing to hide. It's not hiding something, it's hiding the fact that there is nothing. Thus why it should stay there. Because, well, you know...eew.

20. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

So Slim, should we rate this thread as bad? Too bad we can't rate it naughty and ban youthful participation.