My Sim has a mobile phone!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Junior, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Junior

Junior New Member

My Sim has a mobile phone!!

Sorry if I'm getting excited over old news but I found a little kiosk thing in the student union that sells mobile phones & MP3 players, how cool?! I was really excited and got her to call a taxi right away! :cool:

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

Don't worry, I was pretty excited about it too. You can get a hand held game there too:D

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... just wait till the darn thing wakes your sim up when they went to bed early to be ready for their final exam. :p

4. Daizee

Daizee New Member

And that MP3 player!! I had one sim where I wanted to throw the player out the window, whenever I left her alone for 2 seconds she got it out and was listening to it then took forever to put it away:rolleyes:

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah yes, those three little gizmos are such trashy bits of techno-bling aren't they? So alluring and so desirable and yet so terribly disappointing in the way that they give of their blessings with one hand whilst stealing our sims valuable sim-seconds with the other. Devious are the ways of the Maxoids. :devious:

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

WARNING!
    Cell phones are dangerous and can wreck your game. Never, ever, save your game while a cellphone is in use. Doing this will CORRUPT YOUR LOT SAVE and RENDER THE LOT UNPLAYABLE. It is possible to salvage your family by evicting them if this happens, but the lot file itself is hosed: The only solution you have for partially saving that lot is to overwrite that particular lot file (not the entire neighborhood) with a backup of that file.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thanks for that JM. Looking forward to some good Flying Fish solutions for these gizmos ... like a way to throw them away :rolleyes:

8. Sylla

Sylla New Member

My poor sims phone has a very nasty habit of ringing while she is trying to sleep, and because she is a neat sim, she has to make the bed as soon as the call is finished wasting valuable sleeping time. While the phone is very cool, I wish I hadn't bothered.

9. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I just wish it was like REAL cell phones and had an off button:D:p:rolleyes:

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Well, if you're using the FFS PhoneHack for TS2U (current version as of this posting is v6.5), you can deactivate the phone ringer by clicking any normal phone. This effect applies to incoming cellphone calls when at home also, so you will no longer receive ANY incoming calls (Except your novel publisher). Then you can do whatever the hell you want in peace, free of the constant pestering.

This, and many more shinies, here:
    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

11. Junior

Junior New Member

Doh!! theres me thinking cos it was in the flippin game it would be ok!! :mad:

12. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

You know, the MP3 player and the Handheld game drives me crazy. I regret buying them for my sim, actually.

Is there any way to get rid of them?

Thanks!

13. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I got the cell phone. It rings in the middle of the night and my sim did not wake up. Good bug perhaps.