How Do I my sim wanted a fireplace....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hatchi12, Apr 2, 2006.

1. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

my sim wanted a fireplace....

alright so one my sim wanted a fireplace for like 3000+ points so since she and her daughter are living by themselves i decided to treat her to something nice for her house... i put the fireplace in the living room and put the chairs and tables like 2 or 3 tiles away from the fireplace. So when she started lighting it after a couple of minutes the living room floor caught on fire and so the fireman came then everything was ok... and then when he left, it caught on fire again so the fireman came back again... so basically this happened like 3 times in one night... i was really frustrated because i wanted to take pics of the fireplace so i can put them along with my story but i couldnt put them near the fireplace coz i was scared they would catch on fire or something...

im soooo frustrated, please help... what should i do to prevent the living room from catching on fire again?? :cry:

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I think if you were to move the objects [that you have near your fireplace] further away from it the fires wouldn't be so common.

That's what happened to a few of my sims. I had some objects a little too close to the fire and they combusted. When I moved them further away the problem was reduced.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is so annoying for me. I TRIED to set a house on fire with a fireplace and it wouldn't do it. :(

What I didn't have was carpeting, come to think of it. Would rugs or carpets add to the risk? :confused:

4. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

heehee... you're funny lynet! you actually want to burn down a sim house?? but yea i guess it would add to the risk because well in real life carpets are very flammable... :D

why dont you put in like two or three fireplaces and have sims light them up all at once, put lots of carpets near the fireplace... im sure that'll do it... ;)

speaking of carpets... i can't seem to find any on my the buy mode! does it come in an EP??

5. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Rugs came with the Nightlife expansion pack.

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Rugs came with Night Life but wall-to-wall carpeting is part of the build mode and that's what I was thinking of.

I just thought that it would be interesting to take pictures of a sim house burning to the ground. Never did it though. It's just one of those 'I'll have to try that sometime' ideas. :cool:

7. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

I don't think you'll every get the whole house to burn down. I've tried before, even removing the doors so the firemen couldn't get in. Sims turn to ash, food gets blackened, but the house and furnishings remain unscathed... even the furnishing that caused the fire (sofas, rugs, draperies, etc.) were just fine after the flames died down. Not even smoke damage! ;)

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Well, phooey, then. :(

However, I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only pyrosimaniac around here.

9. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

alrighty then... i really have to get those EPs now huh?!

hmmm well i updated my patches last night, but then again for some weird reason my game is running slowly... weird...

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Do you have a lot of downloads? That can slow your game down.

I have never had anything catch fire from a fireplace. I tried one time, no go.

Stoves and microwaves, now, that's another story.