Troubleshooting my sims 2 crashes

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by yevette, Jul 12, 2009.

1. yevette

yevette New Member

my sims 2 crashes

Hi all just a quick message to see if you can help me out, i recently downloaded the update for the sims 2 and now everytime i load it up it gets to the screen were its starts loading the car pools etc but after the car polls it freezes then a error message comes u saying this application has crashed will now terminate.
    i have tried restarting comp but it is still doing it.
    does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem.
    thanks.:confused:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Any mods or hacks installed in your computer?
    If so did the game play right before you installed the patch?

3. yevette

yevette New Member

hi i havent done any of that and it was working fine before i did the update.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You may have to reinstall the game then .
    The download may have gotten corrupted somewhere and this is probably what's causing the game to crash.
    You should make a copy of your My Documents/Ea Games?Sims 2 folder before you uninstall the game.
    Copy the folder and rename it to back up and uninstall the old game.
    Redownload the patch again and then uninstall the game.
    reinstall the game and when you're done install the patch and check it to see if it works then.
    If it does then go in and delete the new ea folder and replace it with the backup.
    Make sure you're using the right patch for it.
    If you're using the cd/dvd copy of the game don't use the digital download copy patch.