Troubleshooting My Sims 2 Holiday Edition Won't Start up

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by stahowey, Dec 20, 2005.

1. stahowey

stahowey New Member

Hi, to all and I hope that some one can help me. I'm new here and have tried many different solutions to my problem and came across this forum in hopes for some answers... Any way I purchased the Sims 2 Holiday Edition, installed the game with no problems. After I installed the game it asked if I wanted to launch the game and of course I choose Yes, it then asked me to insert cd 1 and I did, it then went to a white sims 2 logo screen and there it sits. Also on my start tool bar at the bottom of windows it brought up a blank box. I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it and it does the same thing. I get no error boxes, it just locks up. I can't even close it in windows task manager under the application tab because it doesn't even show up there, but it shows up under the processes tab and I can end it there.

I could give more information but everything that I looked up and tried would be a book. So if I need to put more please tell me. Thanks!!!

I'm getting so mad and it has been all week of just trying to open this game.:eek:

There is one thing on my background task that will not close, it is CCAPP.EXE I know that it is part of Norton Anti-Virus but even if I disable NAV when i try to close it states that the operation could not becompleted Access is Denied.

Thought I would put this in there too, I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with Not Being able to startup the program:confused:

2. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

Sometimes when this happens after you get the first flash screen and the game locks up and or crashes at this point, it is caused by your CD ROM not being able to read or recognise the game disk in your CD drive.

Here is some helpful steps from EA to help work out the problems.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]CD-rom troubleshooting[/FONT]

3. stahowey

stahowey New Member

Thanks I'm going to try that now, haven't tried that yet!!:rolleyes:

4. stahowey

stahowey New Member

Ok, i followed all the steps that you provided me with from EA and it still didn't do anything for me. Thanks for Help any way, if you have any more suggestions that would be great. This is a new Laptop that I purchased from dell about 2 months ago and I'm still learning alot about it.:ponder: