Namely names

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MurderScene.Doll, Mar 26, 2008.

1. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

Namely names

it's me again:)
    i was just wondering what are some good names for my sims,

everytime i go to a name site (yes i really can't think of any) i always pick the same ones :(

my most common names are James and Jamie (don't know why :rolleyes:)
    and there is ALOT of my sims by that name

so i was just wondering if anyone was willing to share names that they have called their sims with me :D

btw the more unuasal the better;)

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Unusual names are my specialty. :D I write all interesting names that I like down in my notebook. I usually get them from films or books or I just come up with them myself.

My favourite names are probably Teyla, Sage, Arya, Aidrielle, Dane, Ronan, Robin, Lucas, Chase, Arabella Bibbles, Ovivil, Mar Vellous, Sybell, Armin. (As you might see I've used quite a few of them in my stories.) I have another one too, but it's such a special name and character to me that I think I'm going to keep her all to myself. :p

3. MegRen

MegRen New Member

4. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

My sims names tend to reflect what they are like, eg Scarylodger Ra, Mickey Loverat, Scott Squatter, Wayne and Shazzer Chav....the list goes on.

I don't do "normal" names lol :D.
    x

5. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I just use names of people I know lol.

There is a sim who came with Nightlife called Chaz Whippler. Hehehe.

6. MurderScene.Doll

thanks for the input everyone!!
    muffin-tacos: i'm really liking those names but i think sage is my favourite.
    MegRen: thanks for the link, i shall dowload it when i get home from school (i have a first aid test that goes from 8am till 4pm, i geuss i should of studied hehe)
    scarylodger: liking your idea, especially Mickey Loverat that name had me cracking up :D
    sailorchiiavalon: i'm gonna try that, especially of my friends. ill be like OMG! you are pregnant on the sims :O

thanks again, i wasn't expecting so many posts yay go me :)

7. sailorchiiavalon

Yay!

I wasn't also expecting to be this active lately lol.

A-Z of baby names are also good. You could always pick two or three names and randomly point at one.

8. Figwit

Figwit New Member

I love Micky Loverat. I have several sims that could fit that name! My sims tend to be less than loyal to their spouses (bwahahaha!) so I often end up with many by-blows in the one household. I use the first letter of the father's name for the baby sim's name so later I can identify who own's what child and if ever my games last longer than one generation this strategy might come in handy. I have given up using nice names like Oliver and Valentino for my grown up male sims because it is very hard to come up with many 'o' or 'v' names for offspring.

9. MurderScene.Doll

or use "iny miney miny moe":rolleyes:

10. muffin-tacos

Thank you for that link, Meg! It's perfect.

I think Sage is my favourite too. ;)

11. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

During a mad moment some time ago I posted a huge names list on the official Sims 2 BBS, based from a baby name book that I have.

In my own game, I sometimes use themed names based on the character of the sim, or their chosen career/business. For example, meet Victoria Secrets of Enterprise lane, the clothing store manager. Or Poppy Greene, the florist/gardener on Primrose Way.

Sometimes I theme the neighbourhoods too with street names that follow a theme, such as Vanilla Valley (nhood name - only ever use Maxis default stuff in this nhood, no downloads), with street names such as Apple Avenue, Banana Boulevard, Watermelon Way, Plum Place, Orange Grove, Coconut Close, Strawberry Square, Pineapple Place, Blueberry Drive, Lemon Lane, Cranberry Crescent, Raspberry Road, Grape Gardens, Rhubarb Row... and so on.

Actually, it would be a good idea to make this a topic for a future sticky thread, where we can all add to it. I'll work on that later. :)

12. MegRen

MegRen New Member

*Does happy-dance because suggestion was actually helpful* :D

:wave: :hyper: :bouncy: :hyper: :spin: :hyper:

:praise:

13. sailorchiiavalon

Yay. It was helpful for me too.

I did use it a while ago but only just found it again :D. It's nice to have random names like Zoltan, Serendipity and Dartanian.

14. MurderScene.Doll

serendipity...i think i have heard that before???

and yay stickyness haha :D

oh and thanks hugzncuddles for all the street names, for some reason the best i can come up with is Tamara street:rolleyes:

15. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

i've had alot of odd names for sims, here are a few;
    Oldlover
    Active
    Alietta
    Lanette
    Atlan
    Olympi

16. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I have a old challenge lot running again with Froid Jung and Psyche Analyst in charge of Ana Rexic (who loves to cook), Sy Chotic, Aneal Retentive, Libby Rated, Dee Nile and Agor Aphobia. They've moved from the Nut House to a large lot across the river. be that as it may, I think the names are punny!

17. Figwit

Figwit New Member

Ha ha. They are great names, SuiteMichelle. I am still too serious in my games yet to play around with the names much though I try to name my sims to suit their intended lifestyle. For instance, my Jolene was created to be the local tart and steal the hearts of everyone's husbands. (Apologies to anyone who may actually be called Jolene in real life) but I got it off the Dolly Parton song - and no, I don't normally like C&W music :) My Jolene is living up to her namesake with very little help from me. She has devastated three marriages so far and her reputation is in shreds. I even wanted to 'cowplant' her myself in my game last night. These little horrors get away from us sometimes don't they?

18. quackers1226

quackers1226 New Member

MoreAwesomeThanYou or ModTheSims2 (I think both actually, the same guy posted them in both places if I remember right) have a hack that you can install that will randomly generate names. Much nicer for your townies and may give you ideas for your own creations.

19. muffin-tacos

I really liked Hugz's idea of making this thread a sticky, so I'm sticking it now for the moment. (I also edited the title so the first letter was a capital, because I'm picky. :D)

20. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hehe, thanks muffin, though what I meant was, I will be working on the topic of names as a future stickied project with a standard format that will make it easier for the reader to locate various types/categories of names within the thread(s). :D Hopefully we'll have a huge names resource that we can all add to as a sort of ongoing names library. I'll try to merge/transfer the names from here onto the new format when it's up and running but for now, adding to this thread will keep them all together. :)