How Do I Naming Babies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by AlexBaily2, Feb 9, 2005.

1. AlexBaily2

AlexBaily2 New Member

Naming Babies

How do I name a Sim baby? I always have to call it Baby Boy or, (if I'm lucky) Baby Girl . the sticky keys are preventing me from doing this.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

When it says name the baby, don't leave the Baby Boy or Baby Girl in that spot. Click in it and overwrite the name you want them to have.

But if that doesn't work for you, you can get Merola64's multipainting. On the first section of it, there is a feature which lets you rename (first name only however) your Sim. You can find it at www.simchaotics.com.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Does the Option come up to name the baby? If it does do what katnubis said. If not get the multipainting or insiminator

4. Honjo

Honjo New Member

sounds like you should just turn off sticky keys. go to control panel, accessability options, accessibility options, and make sure stick keys is unchecked. (first check box).

5. Rediscool

Rediscool lovesimssomuch

ok i really really want to know does the game tellu if ur girl type person gets pregnant. and how long are you pregnant for?:bandit:

6. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Do you mean by 'girl type person' a female sim? :rolleyes: ;)

If your female sim gets pregnant you hear (after the woo-hoo with the male sim) some chiming music sounds, like a lullabye. You have to have selected 'Try for baby' though. And if she does get pregnant (in some cases she might not) she may suffer from morning sickness. Her bump will grow a lttle each day, and pregnancy lasts for 3 days.

Okay class - any further questions? ;)

7. Rediscool

Rediscool lovesimssomuch

ok teacher my next question is

:confused: can sims such as elder sim and sims such as adult sims have realationships.:confused:

8. Rediscool

Rediscool lovesimssomuch

and for my next question
    one of my sims and her husband have a 100 level of love. but when i try to get my sims to try for a baby it doesn't say try for a baby, does that mean she is pregnant i look at her tummy but i hasn't grown or atleast from what i can see! lol so plz plz help me!

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Elder, Adult, and Young adults can fall in love with each other. Teens can only fall in love with teens.

As far as the other couple, did you ever use the option "try for a baby?" Or do they live together? Try playing the female sim and seeing if the option for her to try for a baby comes up. Oohh..just re-read your post, you said they were married so I'm going to assume they are living together. If you play your female sim for more than 2 sim days without her growing a belly, then you have a glitch. Try downloading the patch from the official website, and if that doesn't work, then move them out of that house into a new one, it might be a buggy house. Then bulldose that old house. Hope that works for you.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Also female sims cannot try for a baby once they get within 4/5 days of turning into an elder.

11. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

How many people live in the house? You can only have 8 sims per house so if you've reached your limit they will not be able to try for a baby.

Ruth

12. babewithbrains_14

Ah, clever Ruth! I like your area of thinking - like outside of the box. Have a gold star sticker.

They had no gold stars, for some reason, so have a medal. :goldmedal:

13. Rediscool

Rediscool lovesimssomuch

hehe! she was pregnant! i have a new memeber a baby girl named jamie!on to my next family

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

LOL! Yes, if they are already pregnant, they don't get the "try for baby" note.

15. MouetteHeartsErik

MouetteHeartsErik New Member

*confused look* If you can only have eight people, how can they fulfill the ten kids aspiration - oh. Have grown up kids move out. :p

Btw - may be slightly off topic, but anyone know how I can increase the likelihood of getting alien babies when my sims are abducted? I have a patch that lets them be abducted every time, but after the first time, no new green babies.

16. babewithbrains_14

Was it a male sim that was abducted? I'm not sure, but I think only male sims can be abducted anyway - but I'm thinking that with your patch if it was a female sim that looked through the telescope, she could be abducted. Only male sims can get pregnant by abduction methinks.

17. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, only boys come back pregnant. I've never had a girl abducted, and only two boys, both of whom had babies ...

Maybe your patch is interfering with the alien insemination machine. :p

I don't know if they get pregnant every time. All I know is once they come back they want everyone to share the experience.

Uh, no thanks.

18. simsonizer

simsonizer New Member

I went to that website, how do you get it to change the name? What program do you open it with?

19. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Once you've downloaded the painting into your Downloads folder, you need to go into your house with the babie's name you want to change. Go into buy mode, buy the painting under the decorations area under paintings. Go back into live mode. Click on the painting...there are three areas on the painting to click on, left, middle and right...I believe the option to change the name is on the left, possibly the middle. I know it's NOT the right. Anyway, click on change name, then choose whos name you want to change. It gives you the same screen that is available when the baby is born and you can type in the new name. Hope that helps.

edit: after reading Kat's post, it's definitely the left side of the picture you would click on. By the way, the picture is one that takes up three spaces and it will look just like one that's already in the game. You can identify it by it's custom star sign on the icon in buy mode, and then the description in buy mode as well.