How Do I need help on parties?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hatchi12, Mar 2, 2006.

1. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

need help on parties?!

hi... i know i've been posting lots of questions here... being a newbie and all... *blush*... but yeah i just want to know if you guys could give me advice on how to throw a kick*** party?? i've been trying to but its not that successful.. :(

please help. :(

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sims's parties are quite tricky to maintain. Everyone present needs to be kept in the green. Mkae sure your guests can get to toilets. Identify troublemakers (those irritating life and soul merchants who go around pissing off other guests with hand buzzers and other jolly japes) and use one of your own sims to pin them against a wall and talk them to a standstill. Have some food laying around so hungry sims can get a quick refill ... this doesn't have to be much, serve up a mess of mac & cheese just before the party starts is what I do. Have plenty of entertainment going on. Have some music in one room and have one of your sims dance there and use that sim to keep a constant supply of other sims joining in. Likewise have a TV in another room and watch out for guests looking tired (easy chairs showing up in their thought) ... have them join your sim in watching TV.

Another option is to go to Pescado's Awesome site and get some of his macrotastical social interaction hacks. With macro >> socialize >> friendly on a sims's social interactions menu everyone is guranteed a fun time ... you should be able to throw a party, wait till everyone arrives, occupy each guest with a controllable sim and then go and cook yaself a nice plate of Lobster Thermidor and return to your screen to find a roof-raiser just winding up :rolleyes:

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I try to invite couples who are getting along and have a lot of sparks for each other. Their constant making out raises your score.

Have food, and music, and be sure to mingle if people don't know each other well. If it's a wedding, a slow dance raises the score. I had a kick-*** graduation party when two couples had woohoo during the party.

I've also had good parties where people got slapped, but they have to get slapped after the party is well underway or you're risking disaster. That one is unpredictable.

Buffets help, toys really help. A bubble blower, karoake machine, musical instruments ... if guests can self entertain you'll get a higher score. That weird sim game with the bingo boxes is very popular.

Good luck!

4. Willow_Tara

Willow_Tara New Member

Lol, that must be why my parties are usually a good time or roof raiser when Amber Benson and Adam Busch are around, because they are always making out no matter what... (Of course it's annoyign when a another sim picks a fight with one of them), they are always kissing, they kiss first then come to see a baby grow up or (Or adult/toddler/child/teen/edler) a wedding or something..

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Having a Hot Tub and inviting as many people as you can in there works really nicely too :)

6. Dee

Dee New Member

I was going to say that. If I want a party to go good I buy enough hot tubs for everyone and a buffet table and music. It has worked ever single time. Never invite random people you know, only ever invite people you get along well with or they just won't turn up.

7. Sweetie

Sweetie New Member

Just make all the Sims there make out or kiss your sims.Also make tham all talk alot and your party will kick *** just like you wanted it to!!!

8. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO WROTE BACK!! I'll keep them in mind for tonight when I play, I haven't been playing much coz of work and all. But yea thank you for everything... mental note... buy hot tub!! hehehe! thanks again!!

9. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

how come im only allowed 2 guests for every party??

One of my sims teen has a popularity aspiration, so I make her throw house parties every weekend but the thing is she can only invite 2 guests... how can I make her invite more people?? :eek:

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

First off. Best advice is do not change the number. 2 guests are easier to manage than lots more. Well managed guests make happy sims and happy sims make roof-raising parties and roof raisers are good! :D If you want more guests you can always invite a few friends over before throwing the party or if you want to you need a cheat code.

In the neighborhood screen hold down [Ctrl] and [Shift] and press [C]

In the white bar type in intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims ##

where the ## is a number such as 1 or 99. I would advise against setting the number higher than 8.

Press [Enter] when finished and load up the family you want to play.

If you type it in wrong you may get an error report (the white box will grow as the error message unrolls ... press [Esc] to close the white box

NOTE not all errors are reported. You may type it in wrongly and it may appear to have been accepted (no errors) but you will not have changed the maxnumofvisitingsims either ... so type carefully, OK? :)

11. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

Mirelly, thank you so much for everything! will follow your advice and try that later when I get home... :D

p.s. got any more tips for me so i can get a roof raiser party?? hehe! ;)

12. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I got a tip: don't invite sims that were your own sim's former lovers. :eek: I had a roof-raising party going on once, but then my sim kissed one of the sims there, and another one used to be dating her...the party rating decreased faster than a mouse heading for cheese.

13. surprised_by_witches

Frumpy, you crack me up.

I wanted to add that you need to invite people AFTER you invite your initial two guests, not before. I had a whole bunch of people leave when I did it the other way around.

If someone asks, can I bring a friend? Say yes, unless your sim has lots of ex-lovers wandering around whose presence might prove disastrous. The game is sneaky, and the person you least want to see may be the one that shows up ... I nearly had a happily married couple get divorced over that once. The hubby was really mad.

I always try to have at least six guests at a big shindig, though 2 works just fine, and is easier to control. Start with 2, see how that goes. Sometimes passersby wander in as well.

14. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

I hired a bartender to my sports part but people weren't really drinking. Being that it was a sports party, I had all my Sims invite others to join them in watching the game. I got the "not bad" score.

Do drinks do anything? I think they should increase the social interactions you can choose from and they should make Sims more prone to get along if you ask me. ;)

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Well, one of my College Sims just threw a Graduation Party last night. Even with that party keg thing, some good music and dancing, and a bonfire, the people he'd invited over soon wandered off in boredom. They ended up wandering into some of the "Townie" dorm rooms -- you know, the dorm-mates whose rooms you can't go into while in play mode. (Never saw them again until the party was over!)

And he was so tired (or perhaps hed had too much "fruit juice"), he ended up passing out on the coach in his little graduation robes and hat. It looked like he was headed for a bummer of a party.

But then, two of his other dorm-mates started making out in front of the bonfire, followed by an engagement, more making out, until they finally ended up with a little "woohoo" in one of their dorm rooms...Instant Roof Raiser!:eek:

Thanks for the tip, SBW - so I guess the moral of the story is,

When in doubt - just make out!!!;)

16. surprised_by_witches

Hey, that would make a good bumper sticker ... :D

I had a weird wedding last night. The bride and groom were hungry so I let them eat before getting married. The buffet was inside, the arch was outside. They went outside to get married and none of their guests followed them. They got married in private, went inside, partied with the guests and ended up with a roof raiser.

Oh, and his ex-wife showed up but she didn't cause any trouble, though she walked around thinking about the divorce and pestering some of the guests.

And, oops, his dad likes his son's fiancee. Better keep them separated, huh.