Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by sandierus2000, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sandierus2000

sandierus2000 New Member

Need Help!!!

I have downloaded The Sims 1 no problems, but have downloaded The Sims Unleashed Expansion pack with no problems, but when get into my game the message - error: couldn't import the family. I have uninstalled the games and reinstalled, so can anyone help me with this problem. Thank you

I have also have window vista does this affect the games. One sales person told the games will work and another have told me that it may not work.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Please explain where you downloaded these games from?

3. sandierus2000

sandierus2000 New Member

Re - Need Help

Sorry I didn't download (wrong word), I installed the games that I brought from the CD's.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Vista can cause problems but I'm not sure that's the case here. I need to see your system specs first (check the FAQ for how to do that).

Also installing an EP makes changes to your saved games so you cannot add old save games to an "expanded" game. You have to install the EP with all saved games in place in the My Documents folder so that the EP installer can upgrade them to the new format.

I'm afraid I'll need you clarify exactly what you have done, in clear step by step, details before I can add any further suggestions.

Failing that, all I can say is that sometimes we have to bite the bullet and admit that our simmies are beyand salvation and admit it's time to kill 'em all off. If you can accept that, go into My Documents\EA Games\ and delete the whole folder called \The Sims 2\

You can then start over with a fresh set of neighborhoods that the game will make for you.

5. sandierus2000

sandierus2000 New Member

Re-Help again!!!!

I have a Compaq Presario C500 - with 506 MB, laptop with Vista Basic only two months. I brought my computer before I discovered The Sims.

The problem was it would allow me to import family and it would allow me to create a new one.

I just today I brought a portable hard-drive with 160GB, so when I can put all my games on that instead of using my computer hard-drive.

I uninstalled The Sims & Unleashed games, so I can put it on my new hard-drive; and when I went to re-installed The Sims (the original) it came up with a new error: An error occured during the move data process - 106

Component: Game content
    File Group: Game contect
    Files: Animation for

Error: Copy files failed
    Error: Aborting.

Thanks for anyones help!!!

6. sandierus2000

sandierus2000 New Member

Got it working!!!

Got The Sims to installed in my computer

I have managed to get The sim installed finally, I installed the Sim.Eraser off The Sims website, and it has installed.

The Sim Unleashed have installed as well, and I didn't get the error coming up. I didn't get to save my family, that's ok I will have to start again.

So look like I just need more room on my hard-drive.

;)