Need help

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Need help

Hi all. First I would like to say sorry for this post. I know its in the wrong place, but I really need your help.
    OK, so I just bought SimCity4 deluxe again, because the other discs where scratched, installed it and everything is dandy. But the game crashes when I start to play it, and reboot. I have searched for update to Windows XP(dont need one it says), on the drivers(same thing) and even got the latest patch from EA.
    The system is the excact same as when I played the game the first time, so nothing wrong with memory or anything. What is the matter with it?
    And again sorry for posting in the wrong place, but the reason is, that no one ever visits the forum for Sc4, so.....
    Oh, and I signed up as a member at the official SC4 site, but I cant post anything?
    I need help, please?????

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hummm. You know, when I uninstalled SC4 Deluxe, then re-installed it about 6 months later, it still had my old saved games and some custom content I had downloaded. Do you possibly have something hidden somewhere from the old install that is conflicting now?

It's been a while since I've visited any of my SC4 links, maybe try this one to see if there's any help: http://www.simcity4.net/

3. Jakethedane

Hey Kristalrose, good to be back.
    Because I also had a virus on my computer 8 months ago, I had to reformat the entire harddrive, deleting everything in the process. My friend, who is quite the nerd, installed a small program to see if I had any minor files or pieces of files left of previous games, and nothing. So of course we installed alot of the drivers we needed and all my other games runs like acharm, just not SC4
    Im not entirely sure what you want me to do with that site you recommended, I cant ssem to figure out how it should help me

4. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

That's because it is a defective/bugged site.

Try:
    www.simcity.com
    www.simtropolis.com
    www.simphoni.net

...for technical assistance besides what I offered you in the Sim City thread.

5. Jakethedane

been there, done that. I signed up as a member at simtropolis, and noone has a clue what to do. I have been in contact with EA in Denmark and we have been talking by email for 2 days now. All the updates(1) I have, and I have all the necessary drivers, patches updates, whatever. The computer i have now has not changed a single bit since I played SC4 a year ago.
    There is simply not a single person who has any idea what to do.

6. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I would have said something about increasing the virtual memory of your computer (one of the factors in whether or not a game will run with your graphics card), but since the game booted up, that number is obviously high enough. This just might go down as one of the greatest mysteries in the history of the world... (last sentence is partially serious)

7. Jakethedane

You mean like who build the Pyramids and such? Cool!