How Do I Never Had a Vampire Before...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sacharissa, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Never Had a Vampire Before...

So, Blake Hawthorne, Romance Sim who was well on his way to following in his father's footsteps and becoming a Professional Party Guest, was sidtracked when he made friends with Count Ash (can't remember his last name). After a night of hard partying, Blake woke up with a hang-over and sleeping in a coffin.

So how can I keep this young college student from frying if he has daytime classes? Any tips on helping him survive at least until graduation would be appreciated! Thanks!!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Do you have Pescado's college timer thingy? I use it for all of my vampires.

What I do is select Freeze College Timer. I then lock all of my vamps in a room during the day so they can't get up and sneak off to class. I send them right back to bed if they get up. If you don't have OFB just remove the door.

At night they study, write term papers, and do group research (OK, so I have College Rampage, sue me. College was getting OLD ... ) as well as socialize, whatever. It takes them a long time to graduate, but hey, no sunlight. Romancing professors helps too, something you can do before 2 a.m.

Once their class meters are looking good I wait until it's early evening again and then choose Unfreeze Timer and Take Final Now. Voila. Good grades and no dangerous UV rays.

Before I had the timer thingy
    (don't know if it works on a Mac:(

No daytime classes. Just do the skill building, classwork, term papers and research at night. Romance a couple of professors. Make sure the vampire is in the green. When it's time for their exam, if it's in the daytime X it out, fly them to the edge of the lot and then choose "go to final exam." When they get back, fly them directly to their coffin.

Oh, and vampires in greek houses don't always work so well. I had a mishap when one decided to go for pizza after his exam. I had to exit without saving because there was no way I was going to let him die that way. I had plans for that vamp!!!

They don't get quite as good grades this way but they do graduate just fine. Porter, Jordan, Skye, Heather, Tiffany, Brittney and Raj got through college this way. I got the timer afterwards.

Boy, do I have a lot of vampires! :D Never quite realized it before.

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Thanks, SBW! I'm looking forward to the challenge! I have not used a lot of hacks in my game, since I am unsure how they will react on a Mac...However, I did get the college clock thingy, so we'll see how it works. (So far, I've had pretty good luck with the things from MATY.)

Question - When you use the Freeze College Timer option, does that freeze it for the entire lot?

Thankfully, there will be no skill building needed as I drove Blake mercilessly throughout is growing up years, and so he is my first Sim to graduate High School completely skilled up. (Ironic, since his lifetime want is in the Slacker track!) Therefore, I guess I can let him slide a bit in college, and mostly just let him have fun in pursuing his Romance tendencies - only at night, of course!

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, it freezes it for the entire lot. But who cares about the dormies, anyway. It's not like they actually graduate. :D If you have other playable sims they'll have to wait on your vampire, but if they're ready to take their exams you can temporarily unfreeze, send them to their exams, and then freeze it when they get back.

Good luck! Let us know how he does.

I've never had a sim all skilled up before college. The closest I got was Apollo du Maurier, who had 8 points in everything except mechanical.

Way to go! That's quite an accomplishment.