SimCity 4 New Disaters

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by sam_lawrence, Nov 5, 2002.

1. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

New Disasters

Maxis has let some information out about what its "Top Secret" disasters are going to be. You can see them at:
    http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMedia...rviewer&pagetype=article&page_title=SimCity 4
    There, you can see an Electrical storm setting houses on fire and a large robot type... thing bowling down whole neighbourhoods, then taking off into space.
    Just click on:

October 30, 2002

New SimCity 4 Gameplay Trailer

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Uhm Sam, You have to sign up to see it.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Too bad... or I'd run off to look at it!! [​IMG]

4. sam_lawrence

Hmmm.. wierd, i found i could view 5 free screens/videos per day

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sam. What processor do you have??. Maybe that's why? I dunno. *sighes* Now i found the place to view it but it was just white. *sighes*

*sobs on Sam's shoulder*

6. starchip

starchip Guest

i herd that there's a godzilla type monster that emerges from toxic waste!

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oh wow that would be great!!! My husband LOVES Godzilla!!! I'll tell him about this, maybe he'll want to see it... heeheehee.... "here honey, I made a new city for you to destroy!! Let's watch!" heehee!! :p :whitekitty: :bunny:

8. sam_lawrence

aaawe nina *trys to comfort nina by giving her a hug*
    i have a Pentium III 800, but i wouldnt have thought that would be the problem... but then again.. i dont know everything.

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Sam *hugs back*

Then you should be just fine Sam. I've heard absolute minimum is 500 mhz. Recommended is minimum 700.. :)

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oooh poor Nina!! I don't think I can view the videos either... but it might be I don't have the program to run them downloaded and installed, I didn't see what they were, like if it was Quicktime or Flash or Windows Media Player or what.... I used up my 5 pictures and didn't try the videos really....

What is your processor now Nina? Mine is Pentium II 300 mhz... slower than Sam's! :p :whitekitty: :bunny:

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

AMD K6II 400 mhz. We both need to upgrade Fae.. *sighes* But I have my new processor and the RAM I need pretty soon now.. :classic:

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm glad you'll get yours upgraded soon! :) My brother gave me a computer he had stored in my parent's attic... but it turns out to be an old 486 and not something we could really put new components into like we hoped when we thought it might have been a Pentium III... sigh. I'm thinking I'll dissect it and try to learn everything about what parts of the computer ARE and how the fit together and work. :D

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Fae. I have my old 486 still.. Depending on what processor you have it's a fairly goos machine for basic work on.. But nothing for games like these. Get some books and start mix with it . But be careful with the power supply - it can give you nasty shocks. And be very careful with the components. Good way to learn basically how to buld your own puter I think. That way you can do the job yourself later on. Except if you have to program motherboards and such.. :classic:
    Good luck Fae!!

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think I'll need some luck... and some supervision too if I can get some of my tech friends to hover around while I learn!! :p

I hope you can find out if it's your computer that won't let you see the videos or something you can fix, like not having the viewing program installed....

15. starchip

starchip Guest

I got a pentium III 800 And I Can't view the videos!!!:angry:

16. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What media player are you using to view the videos?

17. starchip

starchip Guest

Quick time 5 pro

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Are the videos in Quicktime format?

19. starchip

starchip Guest

I think I got it now thanx:)

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oh, you got one to work?? Yay!! Maybe I'll go back today and try getting a video to work... if I don't forget I meant to do that...