New Mouse

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Randomzero, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Randomzero

Randomzero New Member

New Mouse

During the morning of this Sunday, my Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse died during an intense gaming session of Call of Duty UO. This mouse has seen me through Warcraft 3, Call of Duty, United Offensive, Rome Total War, Sims 2 and Uni, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, and Jedi Academy. Twas my first Optical Mouse.

Oh well, time to move on to bigger things, as of now I have a Razer Diamondback hooked up to my PC, and you can really notice a difference with this thing. 60 dollars, but it was worth it, considering how my old mouse looked like trash compared to my modded case.

2. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

3. zydeco

zydeco New Member

This is the mouse I have. I've loved it and it's lasted for ages but lately it's started to act up. I've upgraded the drivers. I can't see what would break or go haywire. I'm beginning to suspect the plug has gotten damaged. My dog likes to sleep under my desk and occasionally we have a tug of war...me pulling on the mouse and him sleeping like a rock on the cord.

Why did you go with the Razer Diamondback instead of another Intellipoint? I need to start doing my homework. I have a feeling I'm going to have to replace mine soon.

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

meh. my baisc mouse has worked good for ages. albeit i would love to get an optical soon. i have to clean this one out about twice a week.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Only twice a week, vchat! You are an uncommonly clean person ;)

Can I just say that miss my Logitech trackball. It died two years ago during an intense bout of Quake II, RCT 1 & 2, SC3000, Civ 2 & 3, ... plus of course countless hours simming ... but it was definitely the Quake that kilt it. I haven't played the game since ... firstly because I never got the hang of it with a normal mouse and secondly because I only got into Quake because a friend insisted it would be impossible to play the game with a trackball ... I was breezing thru it on the hard difficulty settings within weeks ;) Trouble was it got kinda addictive :p :eek:

6. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i have to cuz it constantly gets so much junk built up that its a major pain to use.

7. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Oh geez...I'm so glad someone else can admit that. I found cleaning those such a pain. It was a daily requirement. We were the first people in line for an optical mouse! :D There are times I wish I had a cordless variety but I know it would be like a remote control...perpetually misplaced. Besides, I hate batteries. I hate anything that uses batteries. My kids get a case of batteries each Christmas. That's it for the year and yet I still find them dumping out drawers trying to find just one more. (No..no, don't get me started on the rechargeable type, either.) Batteries are evil!

8. Randomzero

Randomzero New Member

Well, I decided to get me a gaming mouse (Yes, rant and rave on me), its a much more higher end mouse, 1600 DPI, oversized velvet smooth buttons, 2 thumb buttons on each side, allows for left or right handed use, plus it looks great. I understand that the player equates to skill, not his peripherals, but I have noticed that my ability especially in First Person Shooters has increased.

Razer is coming out with another high end mouse, the Copperhead, looks just as awesome, comes with onboard memory, but it'll drop you 80, while the Diamondbackund 60.

9. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

Well mice are finicky creatures. I use a Microsoft Wireless optical Intellimouse at home (its part of a set with the corresponding wireless keyboard) and its smooth and works like a charm. I use rechargable batteries with it, as it tends to eat battery power, but it really is a decent product. Never used the Logitechs before, but they also seem decent.

I can't believe there are still people out there whose mice have balls.

10. Sylla

Sylla New Member

My opticals right click button is on the way out, so I will need a new one soon, don't mind though, I like to have a new gadget to fiddle with..

Sorry, highly entertained by that comment.....

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sounds like the preamble for a horror movie made for cats :p :cool: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D ;) :bandit:

12. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I'm just thrilled Gary wrote it. I spent two days trying to figure out how to post without using that phrase! LOL!