How Do I New & Need HELP!!! Disappearing mailbox??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by elk, Jan 4, 2006.

1. elk

elk New Member

New & Need HELP!!! Disappearing mailbox??

Hi, everyone, someone bought me Sims2 this Christmas and i just started out, it really lots of fun but lots of "bugs"...I have downloaded the patch already. So here is some questions that i have expereinced so far:

1) Some furniture, usually WC cannot be used or moved, says "item in action" while no one is really using it, y this happen?

2) The mailbox in front of the house just disappear, i cannot pay the bills and the repo man keep showing up, where can i put back in the tunnel mailbox??

3) My sim, police career wouldn't goto work!!! No work icon appear, and since my sim has max out this career, in which he just change into his outfit and skyrocket up, so there is no vehicle i can click on to ask him to work.... how can my sim goto work???

Please help!!!!

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

1) type move_objects on into the cheat window, and then delete the offending object. It has a stuck "token". Kicky bags are also notorious for this, I've read.

2) I have no clue why your mailbox has disapeared. Is it possible to relocate the family to another lot and buldoze this one? It sounds corupted.

3) A common problem that goes along with one of two bugs. It can be another symptom of the corupted lot (actually its a broken portal) or it's a bug that happens sometimes to Captain Hero. If you are not against downloading hacks, you might want to visit www.moreawsomethanyou.com and download JM Pescado's lot debugger and the Critical fixes, including Captain Hero. In fact, I'd try this solution before I bulldozed the lot.

3. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

the work car doesnt not come because you have no mail box.
    i accadentyl deleted my mailbox and the carpool did not arrive. As Kristalrose said, buldoze this lot.

4. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I'm not sure where, but I found a Lot Starter Kit. I has a mailbox and a trashcan in case you accidentally delete one of those. Check ModtheSims2.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Can't you just click on the sim who's due to go to work and choose the option "Go to work" ? I'm pretty certain that works with sims who "skyrocket" up to work.

Or does he insist on doing it while standing next to a mailbox? Sounds pretty lame for a superhero, don't you think? ;)