SimCity 4 New problem...game runs slow

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Delirious, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Delirious

Delirious New Member

New problem...game runs slow

I even got the update from the simcity website

I'm running...

Ati Radeon x1600 AGP Pro 512mb video memory
    AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2 Ghz clocked)
    1 Gig SD DDR Ram

I have lowered the settings almost to medium and the game is still running slow...it only uses almost 100M in the commit charge out of 1601M (checked in task manager)

I have no idea why it's doing this...some help would greatly be appreciated :(

(PS, Only one post this time! :))

Edit: I've downloaded some regions and cities...how do I get them to work in game...they arent showing up?? :(

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

3. Delirious

Delirious New Member

I have Direct X 9.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

LOL, thanks for that. Glad we didn't scare you off! :) I don't play Sim City 4, but DJrules5454 has this link in his sig. You might find a little more help over there if you don't get the answers here you need. Our SC4 board is a bit slow as most of us here are Sims2 nuts. But definitly try what Manager Josh has to say, he kind of knows what he's talking about!

http://www.simtropolis.com/

P.S. You're allowed to post this same post on the other website ;)

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

my only other thought is that your ATI drivers might be outdated.

Give that a good update :)

6. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

You need to place the region in My Documents/Sim City 4/Regions for it to work.
    The city goes in My Documents/Sim City 4/Regions/Downloads, though it has to be a .SC4 file for it to work.(Which it should be if you downloaded it from www.simcity.com)