Spore New Spore Video and Pictures!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

New Spore Video and Pictures!

We got an anonymous tip that there were new images and a video showing off the beginnings of the Cell stage in Spore. So here they are!

The four images focus on the creature and tribal stages of the game and they are really remarkable in their detail. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I'll be quiet now and let you guys look.

As for the video, it is a spoiler video as it shows the very beginning of the Cell stage video and how Spore gets started. Watch at your own risk. :).

Attached Files:

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

I love the beginning! Thanks. I especially like the creature they made in the editor. I don't know how many time's I'll be doing that.

Pity it doesn't have sound :(

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Spore seems very entertaining. Though I don't see the point in being a cell... what was it supposed to do, survive and eat those green bubbles the entire time? I found the background a little confusing in the beginning too.

As the game progressed, I liked the look of Spore more. I loved that little dance those creatures where doing around the fire in the end bit. That was very funny. :D

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I agree the beginning was awesome with it starting with a meteorite falling out of the sky!

5. ManagerJosh

Gah! Enough already! I WANT THE GAME NOW!!! :ducks:

At least give me a creature editor to hold me over in the meanwhile :D :p

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

No you can't have it until they tease us a few more months! But yes I want it too!

7. ManagerJosh

NOOOOO!! The pain! The suffering! THE TORTURE!!!!!

8. SpaceOddity

SpaceOddity New Member

Here's a link to the video with (German) narrative and sound:

9. ManagerJosh

Some of the audio seems a bit old. I do believe I heard the old SimCity 4 soundtrack they used as one of the base themes

10. SpaceOddity

SpaceOddity New Member

Someone made the effort to make a version with English subtitles: [video=google;-6588592082088665268]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6588592082088665268[/video]

11. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Thanks for that, SpaceOddity. It was nice to know the purpose of the fire dance. (Yes, I am obsessed with it. :D)